General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By mediajar
luxx99, what mistake was it that you made and corrected? Because, I followed directions here and got the initial failure point you had. I did *not* get the option to enable the "enable career portal" via Administration section.

Here's the basic steps I took but got a failed result:
1. created a blank "cats" mysql database
2. installed 0.8.0 (clean install) via the installWizard
3. immediately installed 0.9.1 via installWizard - (installer detected the 0.8.0 database and upgraded it as needed)
4. used the open source license key given here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12 (the open source key)

Any thoughts why this did not work or what I'm missing? I wonder if before I upgrade to 0.9.1 if I need to first go enable career portal (in 0.8.0).

EDIT: Found problem! read my following post, two down...
Last edited by mediajar on 28 May 2008, 20:53, edited 2 times in total.
By mediajar
luxx99 wrote:Hi arny,
neither me I'm a programmer but I created a text file in the main "modules" directory.
You can get my file attached to this post.
Hope I helped you
ciao
Luxx99
edit: see next post!
Last edited by mediajar on 28 May 2008, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
By mediajar
sandygmaharaj wrote:hi
...This is a small hack. Make an empty file 'asp' in modules directory and cats-0.9.1 becomes 'professional' at lot of places (though not completely).
let me know if it works for you.
cheers
Ahhhh, found the problem! Sandy, your instructions got lost in translation ; ) To clarify, it should state, make an new empty folder or directory inside the 'modules' folder/directory. I (and others it appears) were incorrectly attempting to create a blank ASP file (e.g. "blank.asp").

Once you create a empty folder within the modules directory, and title it "asp", you'll unlock many of the professional features. To inspect, go under the "settings" tab. You'll see a new "downloads" nav link (right of 'Administration' & 'MyProfile'). If you click on Administration, you can now, for example, activate the "Careers Website" by clicking the link and checking the 'Enable Public Career Portal:' checkbox.
Last edited by mediajar on 28 May 2008, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
By arny
Hi all, after creating an empty folder named 'asp' there appears the check box for activation of the career portal. But nothing happens - the form reloads and the checkbox is empty again. Any idea how to enable the portal ? Arny
By mediajar
Arny, could you give a little more detail of the steps you went through and the environment you're setting up things (i.e. local testing, live server, etc). I'm brand new to CATS so, my input will be limited but we need a place to start from.
By arny
Hi mediajar, yes i will try but there is not that much to report: i have set up cats in a hosting environment using a provider. This is not the final environment (we just had to start quick and dirty) since the usage and connectivity on the DB level is very limited (e.g. no connectivity using ODBC sonnectors for Excel etc.). So it's just a simple cats 0.9.1 installation which went quite easy. So don't care too much about my questions. Will set up the environment at home within the next few weeks. Anyway - regarding the hack - i have simply created an empty folder in the modules directory and have the 'downloads' and career portal access in the settings (BTW: creating an empty file called 'asp' is doing the same). And when checking the career portal checkbox, nothing happens. Regards, Arny
By cptr13
Yes, I can confirm this. All I did is create a new text file inside the Module folder and renamed it "asp". do not make the mistake of changing the file type to asp ( by adding .asp on the end of the file name).

Then the additional functionality seems to work.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me