General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By sandygmaharaj
hi
i am new to CATS and this forum. I am sure people who have worked on/read cats' code would know this. This is a small hack. Make an empty file 'asp' in modules directory and cats-0.9.1 becomes 'professional' at lot of places (though not completely).

let me know if it works for you.
cheers
By RussH
That's a good tip - the's been allot of discussion (elsewhere!) about the functionality that was split after version 0.8.0 to make a 0.9.0 'Open Source' and a 0.9.0 'Professional'. It shouldn't be impossible to go back to the 0.8.0 version when I have it in the Subversion repository and patch it with changes you need to have the required functionality introduced into a 'new' 0.9.x equivalent.

Similarly, the only professional feature that registration provides is resume parsing - which is certainly not a massive overhead for a server, if we could get the scripting working. As has been mentioned in the forum, HelpHand's Not so FAQ http://www.notsofaqs.com/catsdoc/doku.php shows a hack for CATS 0.6.1 which allows resume parsing...

Anyway - it's more incentive for me to get the SVN repository up and running so that folks like yourself can try out changes and post them back.

I've not tried the tip as yet - but I will do!
By luxx99
Hi RussH,
I'm also new in this forum.First of all thank you for the excellentjob you are doing with this site.
Secondly there is something I do not understand with versions 0.8.0 and 0.9.1.

I've just installed version 0.9.1 but it's a "standard" version. To use the professional one I need a key, that reading the forum is impossible to get, if I'm not wrong. Nevertheless I see people talking of "portals" and "questionnaire".
My question is: how can I have such funtionalities to test? Is there a new version available, it's amatter of installation or what?
Could you please put a bit of order in my mind please?

Thank you in advance
Luxx99
By RussH
luxx99 wrote:Hi RussH,
I'm also new in this forum.First of all thank you for the excellentjob you are doing with this site.
Secondly there is something I do not understand with versions 0.8.0 and 0.9.1.

I've just installed version 0.9.1 but it's a "standard" version. To use the professional one I need a key, that reading the forum is impossible to get, if I'm not wrong. Nevertheless I see people talking of "portals" and "questionnaire".
My question is: how can I have such funtionalities to test? Is there a new version available, it's amatter of installation or what?
Could you please put a bit of order in my mind please?

Thank you in advance
Luxx99
Hiya - possibly this shoudl be cleared up with a wiki or some such - but here's what my quick 'n dirty summary of the releases is;

the key here - is that the CATSONE guys tried to restrict some features for the professional version 0.9.x. The careers portal is not available by default on 0.9.x

However - if you first install 0.8.x and then upgrade to 0.9.x then you will have the career portal available. When you upgrade, use the Open Source license key here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12&p=68#p68

Also - and I've not tried this - there's been a hack posted which apparently lets you enable some of the 'professional' professional features using this hack;
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10&p=48&hilit=asp#p48

The upgrade process is seamless as it detects your existing installation and upgrades it. Keep us updated on your progress!
By luxx99
Hi all

I followed the instructions of RussH - installing first the 0.8.0 and then upgrading to 0.9.1 starting from my old 0.6.0 version - but in spite of it I cannot see any "professional feature" activated.

I also applied the suggestion of sandygmaharaj (an empty .asp file in the modules directory) but it does not work for me ... does the name of this .asp file is important?

some of you have any other hints on how to have some professional features?

Thank you inadvance

Luxx99
By RussH
Hiya, the difference should be that you are now able to have a public website - if you look in the administration section, there will be an 'enable career portal' option.
By luxx99
unfortunately not, RussH.
Please give a look at the file attached: it is the printscreen of my admin section ...
Luxx99
Attachments
PrintScreen of CATS Admin
PrintScreen of CATS Admin
admin_cats.JPG (100.27 KiB) Viewed 9554 times
By luxx99
Sorry RussH,
I made a mistake: it works !
Now I start testing and I'll give you a feedback in the week.
Have a nice w-e
Luxx99
By arny
Hi all, since i am all but a programmer: how can i make an empty asp file and where in the modules folder (there are subforlders in). Many thanks. Arny
By luxx99
Hi arny,
neither me I'm a programmer but I created a text file in the main "modules" directory.
You can get my file attached to this post.
Hope I helped you
ciao
Luxx99

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me