General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By exigent
I've briefly toured the demo and your project looks absolutely amazing.

I have a question though, does OpenCATS have a provision for collecting employment applications. To clarify, Id like to direct a candidate to a website address where they could then fill in our Employment Application online. Our company is highly seasonal. We lay off 80% of our staff for the winter. We have them "re apply" in the spring when we hire them back. Its very cumbersome to have them all fill out the paperwork each time. Im thinking along the lines of how the big companies (Walmart, Home Depot, Costco) collect their applications via a kiosk or simply through the web.

Is this feature present in OpenCATS? If not, is anyone aware of a platform that does what Im looking for and then integrates with OpenCATS?

Thank you for any help you can give.
By RussH
Hi,

whilst it's not an often used feature, there is a 'custom application form' that you can also have applicants complete for a given role. This lets you ask them specific question, and perform some simple automation based upon the responses - i.e. unless they say yes to previous experience, decline them and send a "thank you but you're unsuccessful" email.

This isn't available via the demo site as it requires administrative rights to setup, and the demo logon is only a user-level account.
By RussH
Hi Daniel

if you're logged in as an administrator, then on your instance, go to Settings / Administration / Careers website, and then click on 'add questionnaire'. Once you have one setup, you can add them to you open joborders

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me