General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Ilovecats
Hi There!

Looking for advice on the best way to do this.

At the moment, this ATS is on my computer in the USA but I want to hire an employee/ offshore resource from the Philippines or India. I need them to be able to access this database and add candidates/contacts/etc.

Should i host this online through my own computer? how would i do that? Should i worry that someone can hack my computer?
Should i pay for an online hosting service? What company and how much you think this will cost?

Thanks guys
By copiousquirk
OP, the installing guide has a Tutorial on how to upload to GoDaddy and other hosting site. Go ahead and check that out first.

Piggybacking off this thread actually...I'm trying to install and restore from a backup file with all the data. The Tutorial says [Restore installation from backup will be covered in a future tutorial] but I'm trying anyways.

I've entered a restore folder with the .bak file in there but there was a hiccup in Step 7 : Finishing Installation.

It says Performing Maintenance: Please wait whilst the OpenCATS database is brought up to date... and then it disappears to nothing.

PLEASE HELP! thanks guys

EDIT: there is a split second where its say Please wait while your unindexed resumes are reindexed - not sure what that means but it gets stuck after that.

EDIT2: I've now added a php.ini file into the public.html folder with the below per someones instructions.

[PHP_COM_DOTNET]
extension=php_com_dotnet.dll

Now I'm getting a Fatal error:

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /home/whizfinder/public_html/ATS/lib/DocumentToText.php on line 401

Any Advice people?
thanks again
By RussH
HI there,

sorry I've not checked in to the forums earlier - are you still struggling with this?

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me