General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By UNV Jerime
Are you having trouble finding a hosting company for opencats?
Need help installing and setting up your opencats

I Have a Solution For You

I own a hosting company called Universal Net Visions http://www.universalnetvisions.com
and we host people with opencats and the opencats is up and running great

We also have personal standing by to do the install, setup and upgrade for you

you can reach me throught email at jerimeolmstead@universalnetvisions.com , My msn is gutshot01@hotmail.com or visite our site and get my cell number
off the contact s page and well handle it from there

Thank you
Universal Net Visions
Todays Visions For Tomorrows Future
Owner and CEO
Jerime Olmstead
By cptr13
This domain does not appear to be working anymore. I just want to point out that I just got a domain and a decent, basic, hosting package from 1and1.com and I uploaded and installled cats just fine.

1and1 Home hosting package $4.99/month
Two domains included
First 12 months free, with 12 month commitment.
$4.99 signup.

In summary....I paid the signup fee...and won't pay another cent for twelve months. Seems like a great deal

They have PHP4 by default, but a quick call to tech support and they switched it to PHP5. CATS is working like a champ!
By RussH
Thanks for the update - but does 1and1 allow you to install antiword etc? These 'non-standard' apps are usually the issue for shared hosting.

I run my own server for OpenCATS and bypass the issues that way.
By cptr13
No, I'm sorry I should have pointed that out. Typical web hosts often don't have those installed. I have brrn running a VPS for the last year which allowed root access and I paid $20/ a month which isn't bad pricing (linode.com). However, I do not batch import and don't often keyword search resumes, so I'm doing this as an even cheaper alternative.

Thanks for pointing that out...it's an important piece.
By tonnic
Anyone know a solid host for minimal costs for hosting that allows antiword, pdftotext, html2text and unrtf?...
By tonnic
Do you need root access to install antiword, wordtohtml, pdf2html and unrtf? Bluehost gives you SSH but not root.
By cptr13
Seeing as how this has been resurrected I'd like to update this too. If you're in the U.S.A. I would now recommend Bluehost for hosting. I tried a handful of the major shared hosts recently and Bluehost was the only one I found that ran OpenCATS well and without errors.
By Saigon
I'm running OpenCATS (0.9.1) on a shared hosting (from end of 2014) and it works well so far.

However, it was impossible to set-up on my shared host by using the installation wizard because the 1st step of checking page didn't display completely (it didn't show any button on that page, therefore I could not click next). I had to install the database and edited the config.php file manually. I updated PHPMailer to use ssl/gmail, and seem i was lucky, no problem found until now

Of course, on shared host, I could not use antiword, pdftotext, html2text, etc but it's still better than using excel file to track my candidates

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me