General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By lfcohen
cptr13 wrote:
Is there anyone out there that actually prefers 0.9.1 to 0.8.0 though? I am under the impression that 8 is just better due to the decrease of features in 0.9.1....
Would you be kind enough to detail major differences on what is in 0.8 and missing on 0.9.1 ?

Thanks a lot for your time and input!

Leonardo
By Jos
This is cats 0.8.0

Highlights:

* Ability to email one or more candidates from the candidates page
Ability to parse PDF, RTF, and HTML resumes in addition to Word documents
Clients has been renamed Companies
Attachments have been broken down into subdirectories to prevent problems on some operating systems
Attachments now have duplicate checking
CATS checks for duplicate candidates while you enter a new candidate’s e-mail address
Bulk resume import
Improved backup functionality. Backups can handle much larger databases, and can be executed from a terminal for non interactive backups.
Copy and paste text resumes
Ability to upload a resume while adding a candidate
Several security / performance improvements
Extra fields completely remastered. Extra fields are on joborders, extra fields GUI improved, extra fields have additional types of date, textarea, dropdown, radiobox
Extra fields can be added to the career portal
EEO support for companies that need it
Contacts now have address parsing
Renamed Hot Lists to Saved Lists. Massive improvements to Saved Lists expected in next version.
Improvements to boolean search
Contacts can now have scheduled events
There is a link to schedule events directly from a candidate or contact record
Candidates can be marked inactive and no longer show up under resume keyword search results
Candidates, Companies, Contacts, and Joborders are redesigned with an advanced data table. Each column can be moved, resized, or removed, and additional columns (including extra fields) can be added to the table.
Candidates, Companies, Contacts, and Joborders are now filterable by any column and can be filtered by more than one column at a time. You can also filter records by their geographic distance from a zip code (US users only).
Candidates, Companies, Contacts, and Joborders all remember the page they were last on, so when someone clicks on the tab again it goes to what they were last looking at.
Export can now export all fields on a record (including extra fields)
Live XML output feeds of public jobs in various XML job posting site formats (Indeed, SimplyHired)
Several additional advanced features including automated backups for power users (read doc/INSTALL for more info)
By Jos
this is cats 0.9.1

CATS 0.9.1 Released!

Posted on Thursday 13 Dec 2007 by Brian Hanson

After some minor changes and revisions, we present the release of CATS 0.9.1! This release is is a minor update to CATS version 0.9.0, and contains only bugfixes and a few tweaks, described in detail below. As always, please give us feedback on the CATS Forums, and let us know what features and changes you would like to see in CATS in the future. You can download CATS 0.9.1 on the download page.

See the doc/INSTALL file for instructions on how to upgrade your installation.

Changes:
- Career portals can now be configured to allow the candidates to log in and update their profiles.
- Job Order descriptions and notes have a new editor, allowing for bold, italicized, indented, and centered text.
- Export candidates from resume search has been restored.
- Site Backup and Site Restoration fixed.
- Fixed a bug where extra fields could not be reordered sometimes.
- Career Portal and Dashboard Graph fixed to work with earlier versions of MySQL.
- Career Portal Resume Parser correctly stores MySQL fulltext strings.
- Data Import can import phone numbers of any format from CSV files.
- Fix to the initial database update while installing CATS for some systems.
- Minor other code changes.
- Improvements to Professional Signup Process.

0 comments Thursday 13 Dec 2007 | Brian Hanson | General
CATS 0.9.0 Released!

Posted on Wednesday 28 Nov 2007 by Brian Hanson

After many cups of coffee (and tea for Asim), the CATS team is proud to announce version 0.9.0 of CATS: the open source Applicant Tracking System. This brings us just one step away from version 1.0/world domination. We’re sure you’ll notice; but, we’ve add several exciting new features (see the highlights below). Please give us your feedback on the CATS Forums and let us know of any features or changes you would like to see in future CATS versions. You may download this latest version from the CATS Downloads page.

We received overwhelming requests for new features and have tried to implement as many as time (and testing) would allow. We would like to assure to community that there are still many items on our very active TODO list. If we’ve mentioned (or if you’re waiting for) a particular feature, chances our we know about it or we’re working on it. Please stay active on our forums and we’ll do our best to keep new features coming.

See the doc/INSTALL file for instructions on how to upgrade your installation.

Highlights:
* Completely redesigned dashboard with a brand new placement statistics graph
* New GUI redesign - a much cleaner look & feel
* New Saved List interface, with the ability to create Saved Lists from all 4 major data types
* Extra fields are improved and can now be reordered and renamed
* Improved on-demand backups can backup or restore CATS installations of any scope or size
* Multiple candidates can be added to a pipeline at once
* Using the CATS resume indexing tools, CATS will reparse all unparsed documents on CATS upgrade
* CATS integrates with the Resfly (http://www.resfly.com) Resume Parsing Service, vastly improving the speed of Candidate entry
* Lots of other changes, fixes and improvements

CATS 0.9.0 also heralds the release of our CATS Professional On-Site package.

Professional users get even more features:
* CATS Firefox toolbar, allowing import of candidates from sites like Monster** and HotJobs** (more on the way!)
* Ability to import multiple resume documents on your hard drive directly into candidates
* New Careers Website (Replacing Careers Website)

- New careers website design, capturing more fields
- Integration with the Resfly Resume Parsing Service (applicants spend less time applying)
- Professional Support and Design Services for Careers Website Integration

* Careers Website Questionnaires

- Build questionnaires and attach them to your public job orders for your careers website
- Build questions and define answers using drop-downs, multiple choice or free-form text
- Take actions based on applicant responses (append text to skills or notes, mark a field, etc.)
- Screen and disqualify candidates based on their answers to your questions
- Printer-friendly questionnaire response form with candidate details and a copy of their resume
By akandels
CATS 0.9.0/1 removes 1 feature for NEW installations: career portal.

Upgrades or existing 0.8 or earlier installs with CP enabled lose 0 features.
By Jurie
I personally prefer 0.9.1. Maybe you just don't like it because of the license key.
By gtsv
Hi,

I installed version 9.1 successfully. But after entering my site name in first login, the page takes forever to load. I installed using the same key which you mentioned above. Till i clear the cache and session am not able to see the main page also.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
By gtsv
Jos wrote:
smaliz wrote:Hi Jos:
The config.php file has this line

/* License key. */
define('LICENSE_KEY', '');

I dont see an actual license key. Does yours have one?
Make it look like this;

/* License key. */
define('LICENSE_KEY','3163GQ-54ISGW-14E4SHD-ES9ICL-X02DTG-GYRSQ6');

This is my old OS key. Try if it works, let me know how it works out.
Hi,

I installed version 9.1 successfully. But after entering my site name in first login, the page takes forever to load. I installed using the same key which you mentioned above. Till i clear the cache and session am not able to see the main page also.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
By Jos
try installing 0.8 first and then upgrade to 0.9.1....then use the key...that might do the trick

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me