General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By RussH
Hey Boba :-)

unfortunately it's been broken a while. I did ask originally if I could host it on the OpenCATS website but never received a response.

Depending upon how interested you are in multi-lingual capabilities, they were built into OSATS - which is the 'in-development' version. It allowed per-user language choices. go grab it from svn and try it out.
Thank you Russh!!

I will try it. Besides been the new open source development can you tell me if is stable as the 0.91?and if it has the same functionality?

Thank you in advanced!!
By RussH
bobafett wrote:Thank you Russh!!

I will try it. Besides been the new open source development can you tell me if is stable as the 0.91?and if it has the same functionality?

Thank you in advanced!!
Nope, it's not quite as stable - there are a few posts here about some of the issues - but the main developer should be back on-track to look at it in July time.

In summary;
opencats-0.9.1a - stable
opencats from subversion (stable, with some more bugfixes, but some new features aren't working)
OSATS-1.02 - development
This is a late opinion on the matter, and I HATE to attempt to speak for the CATS folks, but I'm confident on this. In a nutshell, the license restriction is like this. CATS (OpenCATS) users can't do anything to MAKE money off of CATS (OpenCATS). That's a safe litmus test.

If you're using it for your own employees...it's ok. If you're using it for your clients...it's not. If you're charging clients for it...DEFINITELY not.

I gladly yield this to Cognizo folks but I'm confident this is the spirit of the license.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me