General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Niall
i recently downloaded OpenCats and am having trouble creating custom fields. any advice?
By cptr13
Niall

It's actually very simple. Go to Settings -> Administration -> Customize Extra Fields.
You can add what ever fields you see fit with a variety of options.

Hope that helps!!
By arny
I've made the experience that some of the custom fields can't be moved. Even when using the up/down function there, then saving the field is still on the same place in the screen.
Anzbody any idea?
Thanks.
Arny
By nfrontera
Please help, I added a custom field to candidates without a problem. When I tried to save a value into that field, the following error appears:

Query Error -- Report to System Administrator ASAP

MySQL Query Failed: Query was empty

Thanks in advance!
By manuel
To avoid these kind of errors and a lack of knowledge I decided not to host myself. The error is unlikely an OpenCats error because at my site is works as it should.

But before you post a problem please follow these simple rules as mentioned at the OpenCats site. It will help you to get the correct help. :-)

what version of OpenCATS are you running?
what platform are you running it on (WAMP/LAMP)
does your OpenCATS run on a Dedicated server, VPS, or shared?
Have you checked your error logs for your webserver? Do they tell you anything useful? Post them!
can you reproduce your error?
have you searched the site to see if it's already reported?
Have you checked the Bug tracker to see if it's in there (oops still to implement that one :-o )

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me