General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By elenacats
Hello,

I cannot seem to find the public page in the demo. I am looking for specific capabilities and am wondering if the following are possible, either out of the box or with tweaking (do you know of tweakers that I can hire to do this)?

I run an international board so for visa purposes require a lot more personal info

- Candidate add birth date and have it automatically show age that updates yearly on birth day
- Candidate photo that shows in the profile (on the paid version any JPG files show the thumbnail, while not an ideal solution, it would work)
- Where is the candidate update own info area?
- Custom fields visible to candidates to update or input
- Custom fields on candidate profile but only visible to admin
- Custom fields on job orders but, if not selected, won't appear on job posting (so, if Relocation paid for by employer is not selected as yes or no, it simply doesn't render on the public view)
- Candidates can save favourite jobs
- Candidates can view jobs they have applied for
- Create unique number for candidate
- How do I send a candidate to an employer (my client)?
- Does a job order have a unique URL? If so, I could post the job order in WordPress and have the Apply link click through to the job order
- Blacklist a candidate and have that mean something other than just a simple status note (like the candidate applying to job would automatically be unsuitable and would not receive email notifications)
- Candidates subscribe to job categories for notifications (weekly?)
- Put candidates into jobs
- Create custom job applications
- Integrate with WordPress login and profile

Any insight would be much appreciated
By RussH
Hi,

sorry it's taken a while for anyone to get back to you
elenacats wrote:Hello,

I cannot seem to find the public page in the demo. I am looking for specific capabilities and am wondering if the following are possible, either out of the box or with tweaking (do you know of tweakers that I can hire to do this)?
Public page http://www.opencats.org/test/cats/careers/ or http://www.chasejobs.co.uk (Joomla-based and takes a feed from opencats.org)
elenacats wrote: I run an international board so for visa purposes require a lot more personal info

- Candidate add birth date and have it automatically show age that updates yearly on birth day
- Candidate photo that shows in the profile (on the paid version any JPG files show the thumbnail, while not an ideal solution, it would work)
- Where is the candidate update own info area?
- Custom fields visible to candidates to update or input
- Custom fields on candidate profile but only visible to admin
- Custom fields on job orders but, if not selected, won't appear on job posting (so, if Relocation paid for by employer is not selected as yes or no, it simply doesn't render on the public view)
- Candidates can save favourite jobs
- Candidates can view jobs they have applied for
- Create unique number for candidate
- How do I send a candidate to an employer (my client)?
- Does a job order have a unique URL? If so, I could post the job order in WordPress and have the Apply link click through to the job order
- Blacklist a candidate and have that mean something other than just a simple status note (like the candidate applying to job would automatically be unsuitable and would not receive email notifications)
- Candidates subscribe to job categories for notifications (weekly?)
- Put candidates into jobs
- Create custom job applications
for security reasons the demo account on opencats.org doesn't have rights to see the customisation options (which are extensive) - you can add in additional fields and custom questionnaires with intelligence to automatically reject candidates if they choose the wrong check-box. I'll email you the admin account details.
elenacats wrote: - Integrate with WordPress login and profile

Any insight would be much appreciated
There isn't currently a wordpress integration option - I've focussed on Joomla integration. However I'm sure you could get a coder to quote for this for you. Any of the freelancer sites would probably be able to get some code written for you - or there are a number of developers who have worked on the Opencats code previously.

Let me know any further questions!
Thank you very much for getting back to me. Can you recommend any coders?

Does it sound like my extensive list of capabilities requirements will be possible, even if they require tweaking?

Much appreciated!
By RussH
elenacats wrote:Thank you very much for getting back to me. Can you recommend any coders?

Does it sound like my extensive list of capabilities requirements will be possible, even if they require tweaking?

Much appreciated!
Hi Elena, I've forwarded your request onto the development mailing list with a request that anyone interested checks out this thread. Hope you get some good luck. However - opencats isn't rocket science, I'm sure a good php dev would be able to do what you need.

..and your requirements don't look unreasonable!
Hello,
We have a good team of PHP developers and can help you to implement your requirements. We are also using OpenCATS for the last four years and have developed/customised the application heavily. Please visit http://www.ejyothi.com for more information about the company and the team. Please drop me an email at manilal(at)ejyothi(dot)com if you are interested.

thanks

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me