General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By RussH
asimbaig wrote:(long posting alert)...

I like the enthusiasm of some of the people here. I admire it. I am sure they are all sincere. My hats off to all of them. I wish I could find a happy medium and support this community. My problem was not with the CATS enthusiasts. My problem was with over 90% of CATS users who were running successful recruiting companies but wouldnt pay a penny and yet wanted support from my team for free. Some of you who will be reading this know, I gave over 20-30 professional licenses at no cost to some of our "advanced" users on the forums. This was our token of appreciation. We helped whenever we could. I would be more then happy to help again. I would be more then happy to give free professional accounts to the same advanced users/beta testers on our hosted platform (quid pro quo). I will talk to my team members and see what we could come up with.

I will be glad to participate in this forum when time permits, but I am not sure, if I will have the time for it. I will try to be a lurker at least :-)

I am always available on phone. Anyone is welcome to call and chat!

Asim
952-232-0880 x101
asim@catsone.com
Thanks Asim.. I've read your Slashdot (and SugarCRM) posts back when you wrote them - and understand what you tried. Someone will get it right, but there will be pioneers to pave the way. I for one appreciate how far CATS came - even though I don't personally have it in production - but I love the idea and what you tried. We'll try again - in a smaller and different way here!
By alexukie
Problem is Asim - that you have NEVER asked US = business users whether we would be OK to pay you to use the program with add-ons not available in the open source. As far as I know we never call and ask you for free support BUT we have contributed to the forums at 2pm as well as 2am - adding value to CATS.

Many people I know were deeply disappointed with you pulling the plug on CATS open source and taking out dedicated server option as that IMMEDIATELY screwed up their business and dozens of staff members were affected by it.

I am glad you are back on the forums - BUT MAKE UP YOUR MIND - hire a business analyst - FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO & HOW YOU WANT IT DONE.

My 2 cents.
Alex
By lfcohen
I am always available on phone. Anyone is welcome to call and chat!

Asim
952-232-0880 x101
asim@catsone.com
That was absolutely not our case! I sent an e-mail to your company, enquiring for PAID custom development for some recruiting needs we had for a project. Never heard ANYTHING back.

I gave up and we decided to move forward. Maybe someday, when you or your customer care people have more time, they will bother to reply to my e-mail.

Sorry to be so straightforward, but that was our case.

Thanks,

Leonardo Cohen
By asimbaig
Leonardo,

We truly apologize that you had to wait 3 weeks for a response. We receive many, many support emails on a daily basis and respond promptly. It may appear that your email may have gotten mixed up or fallen through. Asim and I are investigating the email situation and and you should hear from us very soon.

We will be happy to call you in India if you would give us a timeframe and a number that works for you. The items you've asked below sounds feasible and we can discuss further details in our conversation.

Kind regards,
Sae Vang
sae@catsone.com
Lead Graphic/UI Designer
CATS Development/Support Team
Office: (952) 232-0880 x105
Fax: (952) 922-8444
The above e-mail was sent to you today at noon.

I am sorry that no one got back to you 3 weeks ago. Things happen. I don't think its fair for you to have such an opinion about our company after 1 unanswered e-mail. A reasonable person would call us or send a 2nd e-mail. You know its possible that your e-mail never made it to us. There is such a thing as spam filters. I for one can't find it. So, you didn't get an answer from us in 3 weeks after sending 1 e-mail, then you sent me an e-mail this morning at 11:04AM complaining about not getting a response from us. I immediately had my team inquiring in to the situation. We responded to you within 56 minutes with the above quoted e-mail. We wanted to call you but you are in India and we weren't sure whether you would still be up. India is approx 12 hours ahead of CST.

I am sorry that you gave up on us. I would have sent a 2nd e-mail or called us. At any rate, this is what I mean, when I say, its difficult to fulfill expectations especially when it comes to open source users.

Good luck to you Leonardo. I am sorry about the whole situation.

Asim
952-232-0880 x101
asim@catsone.com
By asimbaig
alexukie wrote:Problem is Asim - that you have NEVER asked US = business users whether we would be OK to pay you to use the program with add-ons not available in the open source. As far as I know we never call and ask you for free support BUT we have contributed to the forums at 2pm as well as 2am - adding value to CATS.

Many people I know were deeply disappointed with you pulling the plug on CATS open source and taking out dedicated server option as that IMMEDIATELY screwed up their business and dozens of staff members were affected by it.

I am glad you are back on the forums - BUT MAKE UP YOUR MIND - hire a business analyst - FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO & HOW YOU WANT IT DONE.

My 2 cents.
Alex
Who was affected?? We sold less then half a dozen copies of the dedicated server and they are all still operating just fine in the field. We are still supporting them and giving them options on continuation. Whose business did we screw up???? Yours???

I AM the business analyst. We have made up our mind. I am not sure what are you talking about Alex?

Asim
952-232-0880 x101
asim@catsone.com
By lfcohen
The above e-mail was sent to you today at noon.

I am sorry that no one got back to you 3 weeks ago. Things happen. I don't think its fair for you to have such an opinion about our company after 1 unanswered e-mail. A reasonable person would call us or send a 2nd e-mail. You know its possible that your e-mail never made it to us. There is such a thing as spam filters. I for one can't find it. So, you didn't get an answer from us in 3 weeks after sending 1 e-mail, then you sent me an e-mail this morning at 11:04AM complaining about not getting a response from us. I immediately had my team inquiring in to the situation. We responded to you within 56 minutes with the above quoted e-mail. We wanted to call you but you are in India and we weren't sure whether you would still be up. India is approx 12 hours ahead of CST.

I am sorry that you gave up on us. I would have sent a 2nd e-mail or called us. At any rate, this is what I mean, when I say, its difficult to fulfill expectations especially when it comes to open source users.

Good luck to you Leonardo. I am sorry about the whole situation.

Asim
952-232-0880 x101
asim@catsone.com
Asim,

My whole point is, in a world of so many options and competitors, one cannot afford "anti spam" problems or whatever. I called your company 3 times and left messages. At one of my attempts, I got stuck into your Asterisk system and no able to go anywhere. I believe that you might never received my e-mails, my phone calls.....but you have to agree, this is the first time I got some feedback, and just by coincidence.....we joined this forum on the same day, so, before this, the impression I got from your company was that I was just being ignored. How do you want me to know you were having problems receiving my attempts of communication ?? What else could I do ? fly over and be there ?

But that is ok, for me this is all in the past. I got the e-mail from your co-worker and will follow up with him. I dont believe our company has intentions to have our data hosted out of Switzerland office or the local server we are setting up here, so, we will see what options we might have.

I would like to thank you very much for the follow up and all my criticism is to give feedback, I want to see you guys with the best recruiting system around! I am new to CATS but some of my co-workers know the system, never used, but know. I will try to describe what we would like to to...form what I used, it is really nice and powerful. Congratulations to you and your entire team.

Thank you.

Leonardo
By alexukie
Asim: All I am saying is that you have pulled a plug on open source project without consulting anyone in the community who has contributed so much to CATS over the years. That is shameful in my opinion - and now you do not even want to provide Russ with list of users from the previous forums - what are you trying to hide?

Alex
By akandels
alexukie wrote:Asim: All I am saying is that you have pulled a plug on open source project without consulting anyone in the community who has contributed so much to CATS over the years. That is shameful in my opinion - and now you do not even want to provide Russ with list of users from the previous forums - what are you trying to hide?

Alex
I've been trying to get the forums relaunched under our new site design, I will make this happen as soon as possible so you can access that information; but, I'm not going to drop everything to make this happen. We just launched a feature release, I get dozens of calls, hundreds of emails every day -- CATS hosted support and development comes first. I'll get to the forums up as soon as I can.

We removed the open source project from the site because it was confusing hosted users. Every day, you wouldn't imagine how many people would want to try our software but didn't know why there was no setup.exe in the tar.gz file. "What is open source", "How do I install LAMP". These are people who wanted the free hosted version, but saw "Downloads" and immediately downloaded the product, got confused, and moved on.

Don't give me this "we contributed", I'm not buying it. You asked support questions and me, Will, Asim and Brian answered them. Jos contributed by writing translations, Russ is contributing to open source by making these forums, you used CATS so you didn't have to pay for an ATS.

CATS is MAKING you money by saving your time and creating collaboration and tracking for your business. And I'm sure you're still using it today, our discontinuing open source isn't taking it away from you -- you can use it forever and for as long as you like -- and you can even customize it. You're more than welcome to shell out the money for Bullhorn or Sendouts.

You using CATS isn't some voluntary effort you're giving us as a gift, it's a smart business decision that benefits YOU. Your feature suggestions that you made on the forums were to your benefit, that in some cases we developed. Try getting Bullhorn to do custom development, or Sendouts.

If you're going to make the accusation that you contributed so much, please at least be someone who actually contributed. And being that I authored virtually all of the source code in the last year, I know who those people are.
By cptr13
Asim and Andrew,

Ok, this is getting ridiculous....you guys are chasing down and flaming every single post with an even slightly negative connotation. Forgive me for being rude but why are you here? Go away if all you're going to do is harass people....you've shut the project down. It will be continued (to what degree...who knows). I don't expect anyone would intentionally break the license. So is it really necessary to hound all the users?

You pulled the plug with no notice...no one said you weren't allowed to...I said it's underhanded. You still own it...nothing has changed...but I doubt you're going to get any fans here...

So is there any point to harassing the folks that care enough to be on these forums? Please stop...mind your hosted service and we'll carry on.
By lfcohen
Just my humble suggestion... we should not, at any stage, take those forums to get into personal issues with anyone here. Let's keep everything on a professional level, even when there is deep disagreement....otherwise, we are really going nowhere. What has been done, has been done. Let's move forward the best way we can.

No personal offenses, no bad language....just a high level of discussion.

Just my 2 cents contribution

Thanks to all.

Leonardo

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me