General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
I just cant believe my eyes!!! Since i read the Doom Day Word on Catsone.com forums and i didn't really catch what was going on.. i havent been able to find anyone anymore!!! How can we all reconnect when we didn't have anyone's emails!!! Thank god i found you guys.. i typed "sphinx_for_cats.tar.gz" in google and i kept staring at the www.catsone.CO.UK LINK!!!! i thought Asim opened in the UK as well!!!.. :D

Jos.. Alex... i've missed you all really!!!.. :)

Regards,

mabdalla
Contribute!!! Man.. i have been reading and modifing CATS code for months!!!! me and my development team!!! have lots of input.. but the only thing i really cant get and i do like in the new CATS 9.1 is the Reporting Engine! Asim.. Hats off for the lovely engine.. well designed and needs some more spicing up! :)

I had to work up a parsing engine as well for my own website and its not yet really accurate, but a good start for a code base for a free parser.. i'll get my guys to work on creating a version that can be shared in a way or another. we have it in .Net.. not PHP, but i think we can do some conversion.

BTW.. Ruush.. you did what intended to do for months and didnt have time for.. i was going to build a forum and a repository for CATS on my website to try to reconnect with the people.. Good job my friend.. :)

Two days before the CATSONE forums was pulled out i made a post summarizing the Recruitment process. it took me a lot of time to come up with it, and i didn't even have a copy on my local machine.. i typed it off my head into the forum thinking it aint going anywhere anyway! i was wrong.. :( I want my post back... !!!! :D

Regards,

-MA
By Jos
Hey Mabdalla, great you've found us again ! And look what I found for you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

After a lot of consideration, i have decided to share with you some of our practices that might be helpful and shed some light on how recruiters operate. Please feel free to comment on this post, as any addition will help enrich our common understanding of the recruitment life cycle.

After a successful sales cycle, the output is a "Client" with need to fulfill a certain "Job Order". This output from the sales Life Cycle is the major input into the Recruitment Life Cycle. The recruitment life cycle goes through 3 main phases: Search | Evaluate | Place.

1- Searching Phase.
This phase begins when a recruiter receives a request for a certain Job Order. He/She will search for matching candidates, nominate them to the Job Pipeline and start contacting them for approval to send their resume to the client for the specific post. This process produces an initial list of "Nominated Candidates"

The recruiter (or in some cases a Front Office Admin / Account Manager) will prepare a batch of the nominated candidates resumes and send them to the client for review.

After the client reviews the list, he/she will provide feedback about the suitability of the nominated candidates to the post he needs to fulfill. The output of the client's review process are two lists:
A) Rejected List - This list should be used to avoid nominating similar candidates to the post again and understanding the reasons usually produces better results in later batches.

B) Selected List - Also called Interview Scheduled List. This list is used by the recruiter to schedule interviewing sessions between the client and the nominated candidates

2- Evaluation Phase.
After the initial round of the search phase, the Evaluation Phase starts. This phase usually encompasses many procedures where recruitment agencies differ in treatment. It is well known in some countries that selected candidates for interviewing should first undergo examination procedures to ensure their suitability to the post. However, the highest ranking candidate is not necessary the chosen one. In many cases, more suitable candidates are considered due to home location, skills background, and other considerations that the client might see appropriate. In other countries, exams are not required to offer an interview. Considerations related to the current company, title, and job responsibilities are used to ensure quality interviews.

This phase starts by the recruiter calling the nominated candidates and scheduling interview dates by negotiating appropriate timings for both the client and the candidate. After completion, the recruiter sends the schedule to the client and confirms with him the details.

The client proceeds into interview sessions with the nominated candidates and produces two lists:
A) Selected List - A list of accepted candidates that the client is willing to propose a job offer to.

B) Rejected List - The list of candidates interviewed and were not selected for job offering

These two lists are different from the ones produced by the client at the end of the search phase. The candidates accepted by the client during the search phase are most probably suitable to the job but after the interview the client might reject the candidate and not find him suitable due to salary, location, nationality, language, skills or objective reasons. These reasons are very important to help aid further enhancements of the Search process.

3- Placement Phase.
After successful completion of the Evaluation phase, the Placement Phase begins. The recruiter starts by contacting the selected candidates and offering them the job offer presented by the Client. He will present the offer in full details of the location of the job, salary details, benefits, and in some cases relocation options.

After offering the candidate, the recruiter gathers feedback of the candidates opinion about the offer to help understand the suitability of the job to his career plans, and weather it is acceptable by him, or he needs to negotiate the offers terms.

The recruiter will then relay this information to the client and mediate between them until a suitable settlement is reached. It is important to say that most failure's to the recruitment process happens in this stage as the recruiter has to depend on his good understanding of both parties requirements and try to meet them by compromising and convincing both parties of the benefit and gain from accepting the offer or modifying it. In this stage the recruiter has to be on both sides with the Client and the Candidate to help reach a win-win situation between them.

During the negotiation process the candidate will

The candidate will then either Accept or Reject the offer which will result in two lists.
A) Accepted List - The list of candidates who accept and sign the offer.

B) Rejected List - The list of candidates who reject the offer. This list should be studied well for reasons of rejection, as some reasons may result in not only losing the placement, but also losing the client as well.

Below is a schematic of the recruitment process life cycle as explained

Kind regards,

-MA
OHHH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Where in the world did you find this!!!.. :D

Do you remember when i used to ask for workflows for this? i had old diagrams and crappy stuff and i didn't have anything to compare my understanding with.. you even told me to search google.. and google wasn't kind enough to me!.. :) Jos!!! I LOVE YOU!!!.. Thanks a lot man!!!

BTW.. does this mean you have access to the old forums as well, or did u keep a local copy?!!!?!?!?

Regards,

-MA
Hey - wanted to chime in - glad to see you back as well! It'd be great to see some community changes come back into to app - I've made promises elsewhere :oops: about getting svn access back-up - and only yesterday was rejected from google code as well as sourceforge (!) - so expect a custom SVN repo asap!

The catsone.co.uk was purely so that the users could find the project - if you search for cats on the web then unsurprisingly you get allot of hits! But now we've got a chunk of the old community I'm in the process of moving to openCATS.org..

Any and all offers of assistance are welcome!

:-)
mabdalla wrote:Ruush, about that SVN.. i did some stuff and i wanna relay information to you. Can you gimme your email, or email me please.

Regards,

-MA
Hiya, have dropped you an email - my IM details are in my profile, feel free to add me.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me