General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By RussH
I've upgraded the phpbb forum to the latest and greatest...

Let me know via russh at opencats.org if you come across any strange behaviour or blocked pages.

thx.
By alice
Here's an interesting idea. Say you have a larger company and decided to restrict recruiters to their own candidates. How hard/easy would such a thing be to integrate. I played around with the idea when the parent company of the company I'm working for threw out a horribly twisted ATS based on SugarCRM. The idea itself isn't a bad one but the way they did it just makes me a sad person. One of the features they did add that I appreciate though is the ability to restrict views based on recruiter. Dev on OpenCATS is basically nill which is sad so I don't expect much. My idea was to insert a piece of PHP to make it automatically just show the people one is assigned to and use the permission levels to "hide" the code so only those on lower levels are affected by it but I'm no programmer so if anyone has a bright idea I can implement it at the very least. I'm good at thinking outside the box which helps but I have no coding prowess.

------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by alice on 30 Aug 2014, 13:20, edited 3 times in total.
By RussH
alice wrote:Here's an interesting idea. Say you have a larger company and decided to restrict recruiters to their own candidates. How hard/easy would such a thing be to integrate. I played around with the idea when the parent company of the company I'm working for threw out a horribly twisted ATS based on SugarCRM. The idea itself isn't a bad one but the way they did it just makes me a sad person. One of the features they did add that I appreciate though is the ability to restrict views based on recruiter. Dev on OpenCATS is basically nill which is sad so I don't expect much. My idea was to insert a piece of PHP to make it automatically just show the people one is assigned to and use the permission levels to "hide" the code so only those on lower levels are affected by it but I'm no programmer so if anyone has a bright idea I can implement it at the very least. I'm good at thinking outside the box which helps but I have no coding prowess.
Hi Alice,

I've not done this personally, but there's code contributed on the forums that allows this to happen - so some folks have implemented this and shared it back..

http://www.opencats.org/forums/viewtopi ... =425#p1559

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me