General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By RussH
Hiya,

unfortunately because we've not changed the code from the last release from catsone, if you want a career portal, you need to install the 0.8.0 version from the downloads section http://www.catsone.co.uk/downloads/ AND THEN install the 0.9.1 version - it'll detect an existing installation and do an upgrade.

If you go ahead and install the 0.9.1 version from scratch, then the career portal will not be available.
By alexukie
However even though it is not available - you can still do custom coding in PHP / MySQL to make it look whatever you want it to look like.

Thanks,
Alex
By mgaudett
Hello, I am currently evaluating CATS for use within our company, and I have the same problem.

We had first installed version 0.5, then 0.9.1. Then, when reading the forums I realized we should have installed version 0.8 first, so I asked my sys admin to install 0.8 and upgrade to 0.9.1, which he did this morning.

Right now, I see a blank page instead of the career portal. Is there anything I should have done between the 0.8 and 0.9.1 installations? Can I enable it now or is it too late? I do not see anything in the Administration section regarding the Career Portal (other than the "Careers Website" link within the CATS Professional section which brings me to the catsone.com web site).

Please help...

Also, is there any other functionality lost by those who do not install 0.8 first?
By RussH
Hi,

you might want to check out this post about some other hacks to enable the career portal;

http://www.opencats.org/forums/viewtopi ... =.asp#p233

- please bear with us, I'll get a 0.9.1-1 version up there asap which has some of the features enabled by default which will allow the career portal to be displayed.
By mgaudett
Thanks a lot.
It worked perfectly.

Is there anywhere a list of the upcoming features? I understand that this is a small group of people working on this, but it would be nice to know what features have been requested in the past and what is coming up.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me