General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By bsilic
Hi Guys,
Can someone please let me know if OpenCATS is still being developed at all?
The demo sites are down so it doesn't look great.

I am looking for an ATS system which will need to have new functionality added to it. So I just want to make sure that OpenCATS is stable and still alive.
- When was the last update?
- Does anyone here have it deployed in production ?
- Is it compatible with todays browsers?
- Does anyone know a developer that knows the system enough to start adding a new side to it? (obviously a preference would be from India or alike where the dev rate is lower)

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Barry
By RussH
Hi Barry,

the demo site was defaced - and got me kicked off my previous host. The last commit to the repo was about 8 weeks ago. Allot of folks are taking Opencats amending it and keeping their improvements in-house without contributing it back. That's fine, I get to hear about them - glad it's being used! But unfortunately it means new features don't get shared.
By manuel
I'm planning to start using it verry soon. It's got all the functionality you can wish for. I hope I won't get to many technical issues because I'm a user with no background in programming. So for me: It's Alive.
By dcline70
Good Morning Russ,

My initial concern was a message from the demo site that said "Can't connect to local MySQL server ....."
Not a programmer, but this thread tells me it is related to the Demo site being off line.

I am very interested in investigating CATS and would like to check out a running version.
Have not gone through the manual yet. Is it a reasonable install for one of my OLD XP boxes?

Look forward to your reply,

...Dean
By RussH
Hi Dean,

I'll put a demo site back up shortly..

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me