Feature Request: Google Apps/Google Calendar integrations

General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules
Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
bwagman
what is two(2) plus three(3) ?: 5

Feature Request: Google Apps/Google Calendar integrations

Post by bwagman » 16 Mar 2015, 01:05

Hello,

Our nonprofit relies heavily on our calendars through our Google Apps system. Is there a way that there can be SSO or other integrations into Google Apps platform?

More importantly is there a way to integrate the calendar with calendars in Google Apps?

I also noticed in settings the option to download a toolbar that helps integrate into Monster and Hotjobs, etc. Is there a Toolbar for Chrome? What about integrations into VolunteerMatch, Idealist, Craigslist, Grantspace.org, vounteennation. Now I know that this is a lot and also branching into volunteer positions but would be a great integration feature!

zeemal

Re: Feature Request: Google Apps/Google Calendar integration

Post by zeemal » 17 Apr 2015, 06:17

Hi and thanks for wanting to share! Thee is a svn server but i'm busy kicking my webhosts as commit access is broken-apparently a known issue when bsd is upgraded. I've got a temporary account elsewhere so i'll set up run there until they fix the issue. I'll be in touch with the details for you later
zeemal

RussH
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Google Apps/Google Calendar integration

Post by RussH » 17 Apr 2015, 11:39

bwagman wrote:Hello,

Our nonprofit relies heavily on our calendars through our Google Apps system. Is there a way that there can be SSO or other integrations into Google Apps platform?

More importantly is there a way to integrate the calendar with calendars in Google Apps?

I also noticed in settings the option to download a toolbar that helps integrate into Monster and Hotjobs, etc. Is there a Toolbar for Chrome? What about integrations into VolunteerMatch, Idealist, Craigslist, Grantspace.org, vounteennation. Now I know that this is a lot and also branching into volunteer positions but would be a great integration feature!
Hi,

it should be relatively straightforward to export the opencats calendar as an ICAL format - so that it can be subscribed to. There is a well-known php ical export library. You'd have to ask a coder to work this enhancement.

As for the rest - I don't have a chrome plugin, or any additional jobsites in-scope right now.
RussH

Report your issues and feature requests;
https://github.com/opencats/opencats/issues

Please CLICK THE TICK to accept the answer!

dveos

Re: Feature Request: Google Apps/Google Calendar integrations

Post by dveos » 30 May 2018, 16:31

I've now implemented an iCal feed for the calendar! Still testing a couple of bits but let me know if of interest :)

RussH
Site Admin

Post by RussH » 30 May 2018, 21:10

Ohhh yesss please :-D
RussH

Report your issues and feature requests;
https://github.com/opencats/opencats/issues

Please CLICK THE TICK to accept the answer!

dveos

Post by dveos » 31 May 2018, 19:50

Hi Russ,

Find attached :)

Url works as follows:- http://site.url/ajax.php?f=iCalFeed&s=# ... INPASSWORD

Replace the ### with your site id and the other url parts
Attachments
lib.zip
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 10 times