General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
I went through this when writing up the install documentation. I THINK the problem here is that Ubuntu 16.04 defaults to php7 and OpenCATS will not work with php7 yet.

I solved this by downgrading php to 5.6.

Here are condensed instructions from the following tutorial: http://askubuntu.com/questions/761713/h ... untu-16-04

1. Re-Install PHP 5.6

What worked for me was this guide: http://www.lornajane.net/posts/2016/php ... -on-ubuntu

Actually is not required to remove php7.0, you can install php5.6 together ( also because you will have dependency problem with phpmyadmin package that required php7.0)

Assuming libapache2-mod-php is a suitable way to enable PHP in Apache for you, you can proceed in this way:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install php7.0 php5.6 php5.6-mysql php-gettext php5.6-mbstring php-xdebug libapache2-mod-php5.6 libapache2-mod-php7.0
2. Switch PHP version:

from php7.0 to php5.6:
Apache:
sudo a2dismod php7.0 ; sudo a2enmod php5.6 ; sudo service apache2 restart
CLI:
sudo ln -sfn /usr/bin/php5.6 /etc/alternatives/php

Make sure when you install the php extension after, that you install and use the 5.6 extentions (ex php5.6-mysql).

Please post if there are any additional issues...
Hi cptr, thanks for sharing the details of your problem and the way you fix it.

Russ, php7 is damn fast and very compatible with 5.6, there is almost no reason not to move there, the adoption is very fast. Let's get there soon :)

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me