General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks so much for keeping this project alive and kicking a$$! :)

I am consulting with a small-to-medium sized recruitment firm, and as they are growing, am recommending the use of OpenCATS. At that, I am now to the product, and although am super comfortable with tech, am not a developer by any leap.

Now, I have the following query: I wish to install OpenCATS on a local server over LAN, on a Windows machine which is the server already. [Though I doubt if this machine has Windows Server package installed – it probably has regular professional version.] However, as we revisit the corporate website, which is on a third-party paid host, I would certainly like to take advantage of the Wordpress Plugin and pull have the Candidate Form (if not the Careers Page feature) which catalogues the CV and other information, as fed by visiting candidates. Is it possible to schedule and integrate this Database form the Web Host, into the Local Server Candidate Database via FTP or something (once or twice a day maybe)? I would like to pull the database and append it to existing Local Server candidate database and then erase the online database [to prep for the next download/update cycle]. The idea is to set it up such that it is automated or atleast such that it requires no technical knowledge on the the end of the user (if at all manual).

Can you please shed some light on this? If you can give some guidance, how-to, that would be awesome!

Also, since I am here asking this, one more question meandering in my mind was: When I played around with the Demo site, I did not see admin for adding / editing /deleting Recruiters. Where is the dashboard for managing Recruiters?

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Paresh
Hi to you too. :-)

At first you can't add recruiters at the demo database because it's a demo. After installing OpenCats and logging in as a administrator you can add or remove users or adjust their application rights.
The Wordpress plugin was custom made so it won't work for you unless you have some program skills.
In my opinion and as I use it an I-frame with some adjustment to the templates is not that sexy but does the job.

Happy recruiting!
Manuel

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me