General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Ilovecats
I'm trying to place the backup file into the restore directory but i cant find it...Can anyone help?

Im on the Installation wizard and selected the below...but I dont know where to put the .bak file and cant find a restore directory

Loading Data - Restore from Backup

The installer is ready to restore your backup.

Please upload the file catsbackup.bak into the restore directory. The installer will load the data out of the catsbackup.bak and set up your site accordingly, and then it will delete the file (preventing unauthorized access to the backup file).

I have uploaded the file catsbackup.bak into the restore directory.
By cptr13
Yes, forgot about that. You have to create a restore directory in the main OpenCATS directory. So if you're running windows with XAMPP, go to c:/XAMPP/htdocs/OpenCATS-0.9.3-3 and create a folder called restore. Then place the .bak file in there. That should work.
By Ilovecats
Thanks for the quick responses!

I've done that and it worked! but now im faced with another issue. I can't log in.

There was another post about finding the website root and deleting a line of code but i cant find it.
By cptr13
I'm only adding this in case someone comes across this post but not your other one. After the backup and restore, you have to login with the username/password from the original, backed up system.
By RussH
cptr13 wrote:Yes, if the file is small enough to email, that would work fine. The .bak file contains everything, including attached resumes. If your database grows, uploading to google drive, dropbox, etc is a better way to go.

I would strongly urge you to do at least one test restore (fresh install a SECOND opencats version and choose the restore from backup option).

The gui backup has always worked for me, except on certain shared hosts, where it will freeze up. But if you're going to depend on the backup, you need to test it once or twice to make sure it's backing up correctly.
Yes - working in IT.. it's not the backups you need to do, it's testing that they restore properly!!!

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me