General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hi all,

I am wondering if OpenCATS can support a workflow that includes job adverts. I could not find in the documentation or in the demo site anything like that, but wanted to make sure I did not miss anything.

The workflow I am looking for is related to one company only, with different teams.
- Each team creates job adverts (I guess, these are job orders that are translated by someone else to a job advert)
- The job advert is put online
- The candidates apply to the job advert, providing their details, CV and cover letter - and this actually equivalent to "add candidate" operation.

Practically, the feature I miss is an external interface for candidates to add themselves to the system by "applying" to a job.

Is it possible to support this workflow using OpenCATS?

Thanks,

Rani
This should be possible, yes.

The limitation is going to be, as I understand it, OpenCATS can currently only push/post jobs to job boards via XML feed. I know Indeed can do that, but I'm not sure what other sites can.

Having said that here's how it would go.

One company="Internal Postings"
If you edit the company page, you can add departments.
I would recommend then going and adding the appropriate contacts, in the contacts tab, into the correct departments.

You can then add all the job orders under "Internal postings" and make sure you select the correct department and contact.

Lastly, if you use the careers site that is built in to OpenCATS, and link your external postings to have them apply through your OpenCATS career page, the candidates will have to register and apply for that specific role.

When they apply, OpenCATS will create the candidate record, attach it to the job, and notify you of the application if you're using the email functionality.

Let me know if you have any questions.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me