General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By mgreene
A question for OpenCAT experts. We would are going to use OpenCATS for recruiting, but I want to use it for something additional. I would like to keep current employee information in the app with resume. The reason being is that it would be a great resource to search for candidates for proposals we might bid on. We use applicants and current employees to fill skills needed for contract bids. Has anyone used OpenCATS for something like this and if so do you have any tips?

Mike
By manuel
In my opinion the difficulty is to filter you current employees in the search.
It would be nice if you could search on any field and customer fields

OpenCats can only search for candidates in a few fields: name, phonenumber , city, keyskills and within the indexed resumé.

If you add your company name in the keyskills field and define the right keysskills you should get a good first selection.
By cptr13
everything Manuel said plus you can use/search by the skills tags also. Yes, it would work for what you're saying.
By karthikjoe
Hi Just create extra field using " Customize Extra Fields " in administration menu.In candidates menu click Add field to Candidates then enter field name into something (in my side i use Own Employee) after choose filed type is radio button list and click Add option to "" type "yes" in first option & again click add option type No in second option.Don't forgot click save button in bottom.
And now you can filter by candidate by selecting "Own employee" in filter option then select contains in drop down list and type yes into that field.
Now you got your result. :) :) :)

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me