Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By agus
i have planning to make a CATS online server, where's the local area network is running for internal for now. Can i mirroring between local server and the server that i am going to host in the internet?

Best regards for the reply
By RussH
Hiya,

depending upon whether you're a MYSQL expert, you coudl choose between native asynchronous replication, or a script that provides synchronisation such as sqlsync;

http://www.linux.com/feature/134127
By brucem1967
We have mirrored a copy of our inhouse cats that runs live, so keep all source and database mirrored.

Private message me and I will give you details
By RussH
My Joomla module/Component now successfully connects to a remote cats sql database - so you can have your local CATS installation and a remote website working happily. Still 'in-progress' but PM me if you want an assemblage of code dumped on you!
By RussH
Just some additional details around what I've done - it's just a remote Joomla instance. There's no mirroring.Basically the joomla database is local to the webserver, but the cats database resides on a separate (remote) server - so long as you can reach it on a sql port. There aren't any real performance issues as Joomla caches (or can cache) the data.

The only niggle is when someone uploads their CV when applying for a job - as by default the module tries to save it locally. I had to ask a dev to code that change for me - and the solution we came up with is to ftp that to the remote cats server so that it drops into the directory where cats expects it to be. The nice features that I appreciate are retained - i.e. even with the cats server being remote, then the search module on the joomla website still works and searches the remote server rather than the local one.

If there's any request for it - I can wrap up a restorable backup for this - as per the image I cobbled together for my original take on a Joomla module - and put it on the downloads page?

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me