Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hi

We are using OpenCATS for our own internal recruitment processing and tracking. I want my HR managers (Recruiters) to be notified when the admin staff enter new or make changes to candidates.
The emails are working great, but basically, I want to modify the "change status notifications" by sending emails to the candidate owner of a particular candidate rather than to the candidate directly.

I have created templates as follows:
Code: Select all
* Auto generated message. Please DO NOT reply *
%DATETIME%

Dear %CANDOWNER%,

This E-Mail is to notify you that %CANDFULLNAME%'s status in our database has been changed for the position %JBODTITLE% (%JBODCLIENT%).

The previous status was <B>%CANDPREVSTATUS%</B>.
The new status is <B>%CANDSTATUS%</B>.

Please login and take action asap
I have some coding experience with PHP but would really appreciate some help and guidance on what to do to make this happen.
I'm using Linux Ubuntu 16.04 on VirtualBox.

Hope someone can help.

Many Thanks
Huss
Or even better idea...

Can I add an "Assign to" drop down list in the "Candidates: Activity Log" modal. This way, when we save, an email notification will be sent to the candidate and and email notification sent to the owner/recruiter to prompt them to do the next action?
Hi Huss.

two options (okay, maybe three)

1.you can hack the current code to amend the current notification. You can start here https://github.com/opencats/OpenCATS/bl ... dersUI.php

2. you can apply the 'email enhancement patch' to your own codebase which is awaiting acceptance into the next release of opencats
https://github.com/opencats/OpenCATS/pull/231

3. The forum member dveos has their own fix for this which they have from a 3rd party developer.. you could ask them nicely!

Finally - keep us updated here on your progress!
Ok so im a bit stuck....

I added a dropdown list to the AddActivityChangeStatusModal.tpl file, this is the same code used in the candidate 'edit' section that allows us to assign the 'owner', but my problem is that no data is being fetched.
Do you have any ideas on how to do it?

Below is the code:
Code: Select all
<?php /* $Id: AddActivityChangeStatusModal.tpl 3799 2007-12-04 17:54:36Z brian $ */ ?>
<?php if ($this->isJobOrdersMode): ?>
    <?php TemplateUtility::printModalHeader('Job Orders', array('modules/candidates/activityvalidator.js', 'js/activity.js'), 'Job Orders: Log Activity'); ?>
<?php elseif ($this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>
    <?php TemplateUtility::printModalHeader('Candidates', array('modules/candidates/activityvalidator.js', 'js/activity.js'), 'Candidates: Schedule Event'); ?>
<?php else: ?>
    <?php TemplateUtility::printModalHeader('Candidates', array('modules/candidates/activityvalidator.js', 'js/activity.js'), 'Candidates: Log Activity'); ?>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if (!$this->isFinishedMode): ?>

<?php 
include_once('./lib/FileUtility.php');
include_once('./lib/StringUtility.php');
include_once('./lib/ResultSetUtility.php');
include_once('./lib/DateUtility.php'); /* Depends on StringUtility. */
include_once('./lib/Candidates.php');
include_once('./lib/Pipelines.php');
include_once('./lib/Attachments.php');
include_once('./lib/ActivityEntries.php');
include_once('./lib/JobOrders.php');
include_once('./lib/Export.php');
include_once('./lib/ExtraFields.php');
include_once('./lib/Calendar.php');
include_once('./lib/SavedLists.php');
include_once('./lib/EmailTemplates.php');
include_once('./lib/DocumentToText.php');
include_once('./lib/DatabaseSearch.php');
include_once('./lib/CommonErrors.php');
include_once('./lib/License.php');
include_once('./lib/ParseUtility.php');
include_once('./lib/Questionnaire.php');
include_once('./lib/Tags.php');

?>

<script type="text/javascript">
        statusesArray = new Array(1);
        jobOrdersArray = new Array(1);
        statusesArrayString = new Array(1);
        jobOrdersArrayStringTitle = new Array(1);
        jobOrdersArrayStringCompany = new Array(1);
        statusesArray[0] = <?php echo($this->pipelineData['statusID']); ?>;
        statusesArrayString[0] = '<?php echo($this->pipelineData['status']); ?>';
        jobOrdersArray[0] = <?php echo($this->pipelineData['jobOrderID']); ?>;
        jobOrdersArrayStringTitle[0] = '<?php echo(str_replace("'", "\\'", $this->pipelineData['title'])); ?>';
        jobOrdersArrayStringCompany[0] = '<?php echo(str_replace("'", "\\'", $this->pipelineData['companyName'])); ?>';
        <?php $count = count($this->pipelineRS); ?>
        statusesArray = new Array(<?php echo($count); ?>);
        jobOrdersArray = new Array(<?php echo($count); ?>);
        statusesArrayString = new Array(<?php echo($count); ?>);
        jobOrdersArrayStringTitle = new Array(<?php echo($count); ?>);
        jobOrdersArrayStringCompany = new Array(<?php echo($count); ?>);
        <?php for ($i = 0; $i < $count; ++$i): ?>
            statusesArray[<?php echo($i); ?>] = <?php echo($this->pipelineRS[$i]['statusID']); ?>;
            statusesArrayString[<?php echo($i); ?>] = '<?php echo($this->pipelineRS[$i]['status']); ?>';
            jobOrdersArray[<?php echo($i); ?>] = <?php echo($this->pipelineRS[$i]['jobOrderID']); ?>;
            jobOrdersArrayStringTitle[<?php echo($i); ?>] = '<?php echo(str_replace("'", "\\'", $this->pipelineRS[$i]['title'])); ?>';
            jobOrdersArrayStringCompany[<?php echo($i); ?>] = '<?php echo(str_replace("'", "\\'", $this->pipelineRS[$i]['companyName'])); ?>';
        <?php endfor; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    statusTriggersEmailArray = new Array(<?php echo(count($this->statusRS)); ?>);
    <?php foreach ($this->statusRS as $rowNumber => $statusData): ?>
       statusTriggersEmailArray[<?php echo($rowNumber); ?>] = <?php echo($statusData['triggersEmail']); ?>;
    <?php endforeach; ?>
</script>

<form name="changePipelineStatusForm" id="changePipelineStatusForm" action="<?php echo(CATSUtility::getIndexName()); ?>?m=<?php if ($this->isJobOrdersMode): ?>joborders<?php else: ?>candidates<?php endif; ?>&a=addActivityChangeStatus<?php if ($this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>&onlyScheduleEvent=true<?php endif; ?>" method="post" onsubmit="return checkActivityForm(document.changePipelineStatusForm);" autocomplete="off">
        <input type="hidden" name="postback" id="postback" value="postback" />
        <input type="hidden" id="candidateID" name="candidateID" value="<?php echo($this->candidateID); ?>" />
        <input type="hidden" id="regardingID" name="regardingID" value="<?php echo($this->selectedJobOrderID); ?>" />
<?php endif; ?>

<table class="editTable" width="560">
            <tr id="visibleTR" <?php if ($this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>style="display:none;"<?php endif; ?>>
                <td class="tdVertical">
                    <label id="regardingIDLabel" for="regardingID">Regarding:</label>
                </td>
                <td class="tdData">
                    <span><?php $this->_($this->pipelineData['title']); ?></span>
                    <select id="regardingID" name="regardingID" class="inputbox" style="width: 150px;" onchange="AS_onRegardingChange(statusesArray, jobOrdersArray, 'regardingID', 'statusID', 'statusTR', 'sendEmailCheckTR', 'triggerEmail', 'triggerEmailSpan', 'changeStatus', 'changeStatusSpanA', 'changeStatusSpanB');">
                        <option value="-1">General</option>

<?php foreach ($this->pipelineRS as $rowNumber => $pipelinesData): ?>
                            <?php if ($this->selectedJobOrderID == $pipelinesData['jobOrderID']): ?>
                                <option selected="selected" value="<?php $this->_($pipelinesData['jobOrderID']) ?>"><?php $this->_($pipelinesData['title']) ?></option>
                                <option value="<?php $this->_($pipelinesData['jobOrderID']) ?>"><?php $this->_($pipelinesData['title']) ?> (<?php $this->_($pipelinesData['companyName']) ?>)</option>
                            <?php endif; ?>
                        <?php endforeach; ?>
                    </select>
<?php endif; ?>
                </td>
            </tr>

<tr id="statusTR" <?php if ($this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>style="display:none;"<?php endif; ?>>
                <td class="tdVertical">
                    <label id="statusIDLabel" for="statusID">Status:</label>
                </td>
                <td class="tdData">
                    <input type="checkbox" name="changeStatus" id="changeStatus" style="margin-left: 0px" onclick="AS_onChangeStatusChange('changeStatus', 'statusID', 'changeStatusSpanB');"<?php if ($this->selectedJobOrderID == -1 || $this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?> disabled<?php endif; ?> />
                    <span id="changeStatusSpanA"<?php if ($this->selectedJobOrderID == -1): ?> style="color: #aaaaaa;"<?php endif;?>>Change Status</span><br />

<div id="changeStatusDiv" style="margin-top: 4px;">
                        <select id="statusID" name="statusID" class="inputbox" style="width: 150px;" onchange="AS_onStatusChange(statusesArray, jobOrdersArray, 'regardingID', 'statusID', 'sendEmailCheckTR', 'triggerEmailSpan', 'activityNote', 'activityTypeID', <?php if ($this->isJobOrdersMode): echo $this->selectedJobOrderID; else: ?>null<?php endif; ?>, 'customMessage', 'origionalCustomMessage', 'triggerEmail', statusesArrayString, jobOrdersArrayStringTitle, jobOrdersArrayStringCompany, statusTriggersEmailArray, 'emailIsDisabled');" disabled>
                            <option value="-1">(Select a Status)</option>

<?php if ($this->selectedStatusID == -1): ?>
                                    <option value="<?php $this->_($statusData['statusID']) ?>"><?php $this->_($statusData['status']) ?></option>
                                <?php endforeach; ?>
                                    <option <?php if ($this->selectedStatusID == $statusData['statusID']): ?>selected <?php endif; ?>value="<?php $this->_($statusData['statusID']) ?>"><?php $this->_($statusData['status']) ?></option>
                                <?php endforeach; ?>
                            <?php endif; ?>
                        </select>
                        <span id="changeStatusSpanB" style="color: #aaaaaa;">&nbsp;*</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;
                        <span id="triggerEmailSpan" style="display: none;"><input type="checkbox" name="triggerEmail" id="triggerEmail" onclick="AS_onSendEmailChange('triggerEmail', 'sendEmailCheckTR', 'visibleTR');" />Send E-Mail Notification to Applicant</span>
                    </div>
                </td>
            </tr>

<tr id="sendEmailCheckTR" style="display: none;">
                <td class="tdVertical">
                    <label id="triggerEmailLabel" for="triggerEmail">E-Mail:</label>
                </td>
                <td class="tdData">
                    Custom Message<br />
                    <input type="hidden" id="origionalCustomMessage" value="<?php $this->_($this->statusChangeTemplate); ?>" />
                    <input type="hidden" id="emailIsDisabled" value="<?php echo($this->emailDisabled); ?>" />
                    <textarea style="height:135px; width:375px;" name="customMessage" id="customMessage" cols="50" class="inputbox"></textarea>
                </td>
            </tr>
           <tr id="addActivityTR" <?php if ($this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>style="display:none;"<?php endif; ?>>
                <td class="tdVertical">
                    <label id="addActivityLabel" for="addActivity">Activity:</label>
                </td>
                <td class="tdData">
                    <input type="checkbox" name="addActivity" id="addActivity" style="margin-left: 0px;"<?php if (!$this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?> checked="checked"<?php endif; ?> onclick="AS_onAddActivityChange('addActivity', 'activityTypeID', 'activityNote', 'addActivitySpanA', 'addActivitySpanB');" />Log an Activity<br />
                    <div id="activityNoteDiv" style="margin-top: 4px;">
                        <span id="addActivitySpanA">Activity Type</span><br />
                        <select id="activityTypeID" name="activityTypeID" class="inputbox" style="width: 150px; margin-bottom: 4px;">
                            <option selected="selected" value="<?php echo(ACTIVITY_CALL); ?>">Call</option>
                            <option value="<?php echo(ACTIVITY_CALL_TALKED); ?>">Call (Talked)</option>
                            <option value="<?php echo(ACTIVITY_CALL_LVM); ?>">Call (LVM)</option>
                            <option value="<?php echo(ACTIVITY_CALL_MISSED); ?>">Call (Missed)</option>
                            <option value="<?php echo(ACTIVITY_EMAIL); ?>">E-Mail</option>
                            <option value="<?php echo(ACTIVITY_MEETING); ?>">Meeting</option>
                            <option value="<?php echo(ACTIVITY_OTHER); ?>">Other</option>
                        </select><br />
                        <span id="addActivitySpanB">Activity Notes</span><br />
                        <textarea name="activityNote" id="activityNote" cols="50" style="margin-bottom: 4px;" class="inputbox"></textarea>
                    </div>
                </td>
            </tr>

<tr>
                        <td class="tdVertical">
                            <label id="ownerLabel" for="owner">Assign To:</label>
                        </td>
                        <td class="tdData">
                            <select id="owner" name="owner" class="inputbox" style="width: 150px;" <?php if (!$this->emailTemplateDisabled): ?>onchange="document.getElementById('divOwnershipChange').style.display=''; <?php if ($this->canEmail): ?>document.getElementById('checkboxOwnershipChange').checked=true;<?php endif; ?>"<?php endif; ?>>
                                <option value="-1">None</option>

<?php foreach ($this->usersRS as $rowNumber => $usersData): ?>
                                    <?php if ($this->data['owner'] == $usersData['userID']): ?>
                                        <option selected="selected" value="<?php $this->_($usersData['userID']) ?>"><?php $this->_($usersData['lastName']) ?>, <?php $this->_($usersData['firstName']) ?></option>
                                        <option value="<?php $this->_($usersData['userID']) ?>"><?php $this->_($usersData['lastName']) ?>, <?php $this->_($usersData['firstName']) ?></option>
                                    <?php endif; ?>
                                <?php endforeach; ?>
                            </select>&nbsp;*
                            <div style="display:none;" id="divOwnershipChange">
                                <input type="checkbox" name="ownershipChange" id="checkboxOwnershipChange" <?php if (!$this->canEmail): ?>disabled<?php endif; ?>> E-Mail new owner of change
                            </div>
                        </td>
                    </tr>

<tr id="scheduleEventTR">
                <td class="tdVertical">
                    <label id="scheduleEventLabel" for="scheduleEvent">Schedule Event:</label>
                </td>
                <td class="tdData">
                    <input type="checkbox" name="scheduleEvent" id="scheduleEvent" style="margin-left: 0px; <?php if ($this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>display:none;<?php endif; ?>" onclick="AS_onScheduleEventChange('scheduleEvent', 'scheduleEventDiv');"<?php if ($this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?> checked="checked"<?php endif; ?> /><?php if (!$this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>Schedule Event<?php endif; ?>
                    <div id="scheduleEventDiv" <?php if (!$this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>style="display:none;"<?php endif; ?>>
                        <table style="border: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
                            <tr>
                                <td valign="top">
                                    <div style="margin-bottom: 4px;">
                                        <select id="eventTypeID" name="eventTypeID" class="inputbox" style="width: 150px;">
                                            <?php foreach ($this->calendarEventTypes as $eventType): ?>
                                                <option <?php if ($eventType['typeID'] == CALENDAR_EVENT_INTERVIEW): ?>selected="selected" <?php endif; ?>value="<?php echo($eventType['typeID']); ?>"><?php $this->_($eventType['description']); ?></option>
                                            <?php endforeach; ?>
                                        </select>
                                    </div>

<script type="text/javascript">DateInput('dateAdd', true, 'MM-DD-YY', '', -1);</script>
                                    </div>

<input type="radio" name="allDay" id="allDay0" value="0" style="margin-left: 0px" checked="checked" onchange="AS_onEventAllDayChange('allDay1');" />
                                        <select id="hour" name="hour" class="inputbox" style="width: 40px;">
                                            <?php for ($i = 1; $i <= 12; ++$i): ?>
                                                <option value="<?php echo($i); ?>"><?php echo(sprintf('%02d', $i)); ?></option>
                                            <?php endfor; ?>
                                        </select>&nbsp;
                                        <select id="minute" name="minute" class="inputbox" style="width: 40px;">
                                            <?php for ($i = 0; $i <= 45; $i = $i + 15): ?>
                                                <option value="<?php echo(sprintf('%02d', $i)); ?>">
                                                    <?php echo(sprintf('%02d', $i)); ?>
                                                </option>
                                            <?php endfor; ?>
                                        </select>&nbsp;
                                        <select id="meridiem" name="meridiem" class="inputbox" style="width: 45px;">
                                            <option value="AM">AM</option>
                                            <option value="PM">PM</option>
                                        </select>
                                    </div>

<input type="radio" name="allDay" id="allDay1" value="1" style="margin-left: 0px" onchange="AS_onEventAllDayChange('allDay1');" />All Day / No Specific Time<br />
                                    </div>

<input type="checkBox" name="publicEntry" id="publicEntry" style="margin-left: 0px" />Public Entry
                                    </div>
                                </td>

<td valign="top">
                                        <label id="titleLabel" for="title">Title&nbsp;*</label><br />
                                        <input type="text" class="inputbox" name="title" id="title" style="width: 180px;" />
                                    </div>

<label id="durationLabel" for="duration">Length:</label>
                                        <br />
                                        <select id="duration" name="duration" class="inputbox" style="width: 180px;">
                                            <option value="15">15 minutes</option>
                                            <option value="30">30 minutes</option>
                                            <option value="45">45 minutes</option>
                                            <option value="60" selected="selected">1 hour</option>
                                            <option value="90">1.5 hours</option>
                                            <option value="120">2 hours</option>
                                            <option value="180">3 hours</option>
                                            <option value="240">4 hours</option>
                                            <option value="300">More than 4 hours</option>
                                        </select>
                                    </div>

<label id="descriptionLabel" for="description">Description</label><br />
                                        <textarea name="description" id="description" cols="20" class="inputbox" style="width: 180px; height:60px;"></textarea>
                                    </div>

<div <?php if (!$this->allowEventReminders): ?>style="display:none;"<?php endif; ?>>
                                        <input type="checkbox" name="reminderToggle" onclick="if (this.checked) document.getElementById('reminderArea').style.display = ''; else document.getElementById('reminderArea').style.display = '';">&nbsp;<label>Set Reminder</label><br />
                                    </div>

<div style="display:none;" id="reminderArea">
                                        <div>
                                            <label>E-Mail To:</label><br />
                                            <input type="text" id="sendEmail" name="sendEmail" class="inputbox" style="width: 150px" value="<?php $this->_($this->candidateEmail); ?>" />
                                        </div>
                                        <div>
                                            <label>Time:</label><br />
                                            <select id="reminderTime" name="reminderTime" style="width: 150px">
                                                <option value="15">15 min early</option>
                                                <option value="30">30 min early</option>
                                                <option value="45">45 min early</option>
                                                <option value="60">1 hour early</option>
                                                <option value="120">2 hours early</option>
                                                <option value="1440">1 day early</option>
                                            </select>
                                        </div>
                                    </div>
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                        </table>
                    </div>
                </td>
            </tr>

</table>
        <input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" id="submit" value="Save" />&nbsp;
        <input type="button" class="button" name="close" value="Cancel" onclick="parentGoToURL('<?php echo(CATSUtility::getIndexName()); ?>?m=joborders&a=show&jobOrderID=<?php echo($this->selectedJobOrderID); ?>');" />
        <input type="button" class="button" name="close" value="Cancel" onclick="parentGoToURL('<?php echo(CATSUtility::getIndexName()); ?>?m=candidates&a=show&candidateID=<?php echo($this->candidateID); ?>');" />
<?php endif; ?>
    </form>

<script type="text/javascript">
        document.changePipelineStatusForm.activityNote.focus();
    </script>

<?php if (!$this->changesMade): ?>
        <p>No changes have been made.</p>
         <?php if (!$this->onlyScheduleEvent): ?>
            <?php //FIXME: E-mail stuff. ?>
            <?php if ($this->statusChanged): ?>
                <p>The candidate's status has been changed from <span class="bold"><?php $this->_($this->oldStatusDescription); ?></span> to <span class="bold"><?php $this->_($this->newStatusDescription); ?></span>.</p>
                <p>The candidate's status has not been changed.</p>
            <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($this->activityAdded): ?>
                <?php if (!empty($this->activityDescription)): ?>
                    <p>An activity entry of type <span class="bold"><?php $this->_($this->activityType); ?></span> has been added with the following note: "<?php echo($this->activityDescription); ?>".</p>
                    <p>An activity entry of type <span class="bold"><?php $this->_($this->activityType); ?></span> has been added with no notes.</p>
                <?php endif; ?>
                <p>No activity entries have been added.</p>
            <?php endif; ?>
        <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php echo($this->eventHTML); ?>

<?php echo($this->notificationHTML); ?>

<form>
        <input type="button" name="close" class="button" value="Close" onclick="parentGoToURL('<?php echo(CATSUtility::getIndexName()); ?>?m=joborders&a=show&jobOrderID=<?php echo($this->regardingID); ?>');" />
        <input type="button" name="close" class="button" value="Close" onclick="parentGoToURL('<?php echo(CATSUtility::getIndexName()); ?>?m=candidates&a=show&candidateID=<?php echo($this->candidateID); ?>');" />
<?php endif; ?>
    </form>
<?php endif; ?>

</body>
</html>
Hi

I've managed to add this feature if anyone else is interested in a quick fix message me. I admit it is a bit of a bodge but it works. I'm working on improving it further.
Can anyone tell me how to add %CANDPREVSTATUS% to the "sent to assigned recruiter" templates??

Thanks
Hus
Hi Hus,

if it's messy I won't ask you to commit it to the codebase - but if you have time, it'd be great if you shared your changes here - so others can benefit.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me