Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Karol3509
Frustrated. I may not be understanding right (I have Dyslexia and I am NOT computer savvy at all) . . . but attached is what happened when I tried to follow instructions below. I am NOT running "Linus" I have Windows 10. I am not sure if that's the problem or not BUT I have to have Windows 10 for my work so I"m stuck with it. This database is killing my productivity BIG TIME. Needs to work, it worked GREAT for MONTHS, stopped using it a few weeks and now issues! :-( I appreciate the help!
Attachments
I am trying!
I am trying!
Mysqlcheck.jpg (32.45 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
By Karol3509
OK. . . I tried to isolate the c: prompt and then paste in the command you asked me to and it appears that I don't even have sql on the machine. That's weird since it should come with opencats install instructions. I am complete novice!

I tried something else (see attached) but that wasn't fruitful either.

I am at a loss as to how to repair/restore things so that my database will work. . . I hate to remove it and start over but frankly that is preferred to continued frustration, it is IMPARATIVE that I am able to use a database reliably - the very limited time I have to work needs to be highly productive for this single self-employed home schooling mother of a twice exceptional child, aging grandparents and disabled cousin to care for.

Is there anyone/anywhere else that might be able to help? I am just beside myself upset that this isn't working right. I am worried the data is going to be corrupted - a lot of work has gone into annotating my candidate records . . . I hate to lose that progress by starting completely over.

Any thoughts as to how to resolve the issues? it's having issues almost every request I make, a lot of "refreshing" and a lot of lost efforts. :-(

Thanks for TRYING to help so far, I really DO appreciate it. Just really uncertain. I need a functioning database!
Attachments
anotherTry.jpg
anotherTry.jpg (165.79 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
By RussH
Hi,

sorry if this is getting very command-line, but the repair function will work if it's split over two lines - so do the same as you did previously, but use the following;

mysqlcheck --check --auto-repair --all-databases
mysqlcheck --optimize --all-databases

..then restart mysql
By Karol3509
For clarity can you please post full instructions? I have done so many different things I am not sure what it means:
-----------------
sorry if this is getting very command-line, but the repair function will work if it's split over two lines - so do the same as you did previously, but use the following;

mysqlcheck --check --auto-repair --all-databases
mysqlcheck --optimize --all-databases

..then restart mysql
-----------------
By Karol3509
I believe I have figured this out!

I was using the WRONG c prompt! ( I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't computer savvy AND I lost over a month of work due to this error!)
The attachment Starting-repair-.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Starting-repair-.jpg is no longer available
instead of "c prompt" where I needed to be was "shell" inside the open cats stuff. . .THAT would have been GOOD to know.

I do thank you for your help b/c those command lines fixed it once I got them to the right place!

THANKS! :lol:
Attachments
Starting-repair-.jpg
Starting-repair-.jpg (200.7 KiB) Viewed 4654 times

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me