Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Thank you Dveos for your reply and help. I have followed your instructions but am still not able to send emails.

Do you think this might have something to do with the fact that I am asking the system to use SSL while Outlook states that its standard SMTP encryption method is STARTTLS?

Regards

ChristopherM
By dveos
I did see that you could try tls and see if that makes a difference, if that doesn't work I would try different combinations of ssl / tls with authentication set as 'true' too :)
I have implemented the changes suggested by dveos and RussH and am delighted to say that:

The test email now works

The status change template emails work

Attempting to send emails via the Candidates Home Page 1 List does not work, however this is not an issue as the system enables me to select and download them to a spreadsheet and I can send a manual email from that.

My sincere thanks to RussH and dveos for all your time spent on this and I hope that this will help others who I can see have experienced the same issue.
Hi,
Obviously I am open to a better solution :D

This may help you ? :
In order to get my email sending I modified ../lib/Mailer.php

case MAILER_MODE_SMTP:
$this->_mailer->isSMTP();
$this->_mailer->Host = MAIL_SMTP_HOST;
$this->_mailer->Port = MAIL_SMTP_PORT;
$this->_mailer->SMTPSecure = MAIL_SMTP_SECURE;

// Modified by andy supress the certificate and domain checks etc
$this->_mailer->SMTPOptions = array(
'ssl' => array(
'verify_peer' => false,
'verify_peer_name' => false,
'allow_self_signed' => true
)
);
// End Modify Andy

if (!MAIL_SMTP_SECURE) {
$this->_mailer->SMTPAutoTLS = false;
}
By RussH
Hi Andy,

just to share, I simply use a mailgun account for all my opencats email. Normally free (or very low cost) dependant upon volume.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me