Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By zoomiest
Further the issues mentioned in here http://www.opencats.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117, I am going to find another vps host (any suggestions?).

The problems I found with WestHost were that the html2text, unrtf, questionnaires, never ever worked (even after getting their PS to try get 'em to work), and after upgrading my PHP, even the antiword and pdf2text were somehow unhooked from the cats app (they worked on command line, but not from cats. So, my question:

How do I upload an existing CATS backup to a new installation?
By Jos
With a clean install of cats;

Import your backup sql tables into the database (using phpmyadmin)
Overwrite the attachments folder with your backuped one

Thats it.
By RussH
Jos wrote:With a clean install of cats;

Import your backup sql tables into the database (using phpmyadmin)
Overwrite the attachments folder with your backuped one

Thats it.
Yep - i've just done this a few times over the past few days - works every time.
1. backup your existing cats installation (I use webmin!)
2. restore that backup onto your new installation
3. (if you've migrated to a new server) ensure you have the same mysql username for cats with access rights so that the cats app can use sql right away.
4. happily use OpenCats!
By zoomiest
Jos and Rus,

Are you two talking about using the CATS back up utility to make that back up? Or another (phpMyAdmin)?
I can get my way around phpMyAdmin, but Jos, is that what you meant by WebAdmin? another?

Thanks for your help!
By RussH
Hiya,

I'd stick to phpmyadmin if that's what you know. it's pretty easy to write a script to backup the cats db to a file which is restorable (which I assume is what the option does in the cats admin panel) but I don't want to trust someones script without reading through it.

Additionally, as I use webmin on my server, i have it set to run a daily scheduled cats backup - so from my perspective the tools are there to do this without looking at the custom scripts included within cats.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me