Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By zoomiest
Hey all. I have my LAMP box up, just getting ready to move the DB over this new year's vacation.

Since I have a couple of custom fields, when I install the db fresh, how do I do that? Create a CATS instance in MySQL, and upload the schema?
Or would I just do the default install, and then create the additional fields manually, and reinstall the backup... (Is there a HowTo on this?)

Thanx for all your help, in advance, and best wishes in the new year.
By RussH
Happy New Year!

..if you're moving over from a windows box, then simply back-up your MySQL database and restore it to your new server. your installation should work with it seamlessly - including the new fields.

If you've changed any of the coding within the modules in your old installation (changed field names etc) then you'll have to modify that all over again of course.
By RussH
you should be fine - the SQL backup and restore will be painless... Keep us updated!
By zoomiest
Thanks for the help. the install went well.
All the data and attachments dir are in place, and I am up again. Just noticed a Sphinx issue to troubleshoot.

I kept a log of the detailed steps in setting up a Ubuntu server for CATS, with DNS. Let me know if anyone wants to take a look.
Its awesome. I should never have used a VPS before. Thanks for all the help.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me