Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Skit
I get as far as finishing the Mail Settings to proceed to Step 6: Loading Extras, the the page is just blank and never loads.

I was originally trying to migrate an existing database from one server to another. But I have also tried installing a fresh CATS system to no avail.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Skit on 05 May 2008, 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
By RussH
I've foudn this is a problem - must be a bug in the release. If I tell it to 'load sample data' or to import existing backup, it never completes. You should be able to do a clean install and then import the data once you have your base install up and running.
By Skit
Just tried purging the DB and installing again without a restore or demo data. No dice :(

I seem to remember having this problem when I was playing around with the initial install, and I'm sure there was a resolution on the original forums... :roll:
By RussH
Okay,

some basic steps - I'm assuming you're installing this on linux?

check out your apache log file - /var/log/apache2/error_log

What error messages there match with your problems?
Have you created the sql databases and made the changes to directory permissions beforehand?
By Skit
Database was created prior to the install, permissions are okay. Also checked and double check the permissions on the files and folder, all look correct.

Was checking the wrong error_log *slaps forehand, but found the right one and gets the following error right after the mail config.
Code: Select all
[Fri May 02 01:56:59 2008] [error] [client 203.161.94.190] PHP Fatal error:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) in /var/www/mywebsite.com/htdocs/hr/modules/install/ajax/ui.php on line 232, referer: http://www.mywebsite.com/hr/installwizard.php
Any idea?
By RussH
Skit wrote:Database was created prior to the install, permissions are okay. Also checked and double check the permissions on the files and folder, all look correct.

Was checking the wrong error_log *slaps forehand, but found the right one and gets the following error right after the mail config.
Code: Select all
[Fri May 02 01:56:59 2008] [error] [client 203.161.94.190] PHP Fatal error:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) in /var/www/mywebsite.com/htdocs/hr/modules/install/ajax/ui.php on line 232, referer: http://www.mywebsite.com/hr/installwizard.php
Any idea?

Immediately, I'd check that the temp directory was writable - both in /tmp, and also I expect there's a temp directory under CATS that needs to be writable (presumably you need to chmod it to 777). HTH
By Skit
RussH wrote:Immediately, I'd check that the temp directory was writable - both in /tmp, and also I expect there's a temp directory under CATS that needs to be writable (presumably you need to chmod it to 777). HTH
No dice, both /tmp and the CATS temp folder are 777. Also cleaned up the database for a fresh install just in case.
Test Results
PHP version is 5.1.6.
PHP.ini: magic_quotes_runtime is disabled.
PHP.ini: register_globals is disabled.
PHP MySQL extension (mysql) is loaded.
PHP Sessions extension (session) is loaded.
PHP PCRE regular expressions extension (pcre) is loaded.
PHP CType string classification extension (ctype) is loaded.
PHP GD image manipulation library extension (gd) is loaded.
PHP SOAP extension (soap) is loaded.
Directory ./attachments/ is readable (permissions: 0770).
Directory ./attachments/ is writeable (permissions: 0770).
Creating a file within ./attachments/ succeeded.
Directories can be created inside ./attachments//.
Configuration file ./config.php is writable.
Creating a file within ./ succeeded.
All tests passed successfully!
In case there's something I'm missing.
By akandels
The error means PHP was unable to instantiate a session cache file, which would be saved in /var/lib/php/session. Make sure THAT directory exists and is writable or change the path of the session files to somewhere that is.
By Skit
akandels wrote:The error means PHP was unable to instantiate a session cache file, which would be saved in /var/lib/php/session. Make sure THAT directory exists and is writable or change the path of the session files to somewhere that is.
No dice.

Checked permissions on /var/lib/php/session/ and changed it to /tmp/php_session also checking the permissions. Same error, but the new /tmp location.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me