Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello,

I am seeking directions on changing the the helper.php to install the chasejobs backup on my site with 1and1.com i have tried making a lot of changes to this file however it is not working. I get the error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method: jexception->setquery() in /homepages/CATS/modules/mod_catsone/helper.php on line 46.

I have tried the following changes :

$options = array ( 'driver' => $driver, 'host' => $host, 'user' => $user, 'password' => $password, 'database' => 'dbname', 'prefix' => "jos_" );
*/
$host = $conf->getValue('config.host');
$driver = $conf->getValue('config.dbtype');
$options = array ( 'driver' => $driver, 'host' => $host, 'user' => 'dbusername', 'password' => '*Database*', 'database' => 'dbname', 'prefix' => "jos_" );
$db =& JDatabase::getInstance( $options );
$query = "Select joborder.*,extra_field.*,user.user_id,user.last_name,company.company_id,company.name from joborder,extra_field,user,company where extra_field.data_item_id = joborder.joborder_id and joborder.status = 'active' and joborder.entered_by = user.user_id and joborder.company_id = company.company_id ";
//echo $query;
$db->setQuery($query); - this is line 46

Is there something which i am missing. I am looking for help fixing this
Hiya,

I really must package it properly as a component/module rather than just a backup - but it's worked perfectly for me.

you do just need to change helper.php *in the modules mod_catsone directory* to have a valid username/password/host;

Code: Select all
<?php

/**
* @version		$Id: helper.php 10079 2008-02-28 13:39:08Z ircmaxell $
* @package		Joomla
* @copyright	Copyright (C) 2005 - 2008 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
* @license		GNU/GPL, see LICENSE.php
* Joomla! is free software. This version may have been modified pursuant
* to the GNU General Public License, and as distributed it includes or
* is derivative of works licensed under the GNU General Public License or
* other free or open source software licenses.
* See COPYRIGHT.php for copyright notices and details.
*/
// no direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
require_once (JPATH_SITE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_content'.DS.'helpers'.DS.'route.php');
class modCatsone
	function getList()
	{
		global $mainframe;
		//$user		=& JFactory::getUser();
		jimport('joomla.database.database');
		jimport( 'joomla.database.table' );
		$conf =& JFactory::getConfig();
		// TODO: Cache on the fingerprint of the arguments
		//$db			=& JFactory::getDBO();
		$host 		= $conf->getValue('config.host');
		$driver 	= $conf->getValue('config.dbtype');
	$options	= array ( 'driver' => $driver, 'host' => 'my.webhost.com', 'user' => myuser', 'password' => 'mypassword', 'database' => 'mycatsinstall', 'prefix' => "" );
		$db =& JDatabase::getInstance( $options );
		$query = "Select joborder.*,extra_field.*,user.user_id,user.last_name,company.company_id,company.name from joborder,extra_field,user,company where extra_field.data_item_id = joborder.joborder_id and joborder.status = 'active' and joborder.entered_by = user.user_id  and joborder.company_id = company.company_id ";
		//echo $query;
		$db->setQuery($query);
		$lists = $db->loadObjectList();
		return $lists;
	}
}
...where the key line is of course;
Code: Select all
	$options	= array ( 'driver' => $driver, 'host' => 'my.webhost.com', 'user' => myuser', 'password' => 'mypassword', 'database' => 'mycatsinstall', 'prefix' => "" );
...so please check your syntax and let me know if it's still not working!
i have

- installed opencats easily enough - works well
- installed joomla - works fine

but this is defeating me completely.....

bear with me when i talk through this
the download is an copy/archive of your installation - correct?
so i install joomlapack on my installation - correct?

after this I'm stuck -
is there a couple of dirs i can copy over from your installation archive, or how do i import your archive?
archiseek wrote:i have

- installed opencats easily enough - works well
- installed joomla - works fine

but this is defeating me completely.....

bear with me when i talk through this
the download is an copy/archive of your installation - correct?
so i install joomlapack on my installation - correct?

after this I'm stuck -
is there a couple of dirs i can copy over from your installation archive, or how do i import your archive?
Yep - sorry, this is bit of a kludge. I could have packaged the component and module 'properly' - but there are allot of custom fields to be amended.

The download is just a joomlapack archive. unzip it, and upload it to your webhost. run the installer - it'll be a standard joomla installation but with the module/component already included and preconfigured to point to the chasejobs.co.uk test site. You can then run an upgrade to upgrade Joomla to the most recent version (currently 1.5.10 from memory?). THEN - you can edit the module configuration to point to your own site.
More details are in the documentation: http://www.opencats.org/documentation/Joomla_module

Finally - IF you have your OpenCATS installation on a remote server and want to connect to it remotely - and are prepared to do more hacking..
(you'll need to permit sql queries & ftp from your webserver to your backend server) - then you can install the version of the joomla module from SVN. Read-only access is enabled by default.
http://www.opencats.org/documentation/Subversion_access
archiseek wrote:the installer fails at the Database Configuration stage.....
Did you enter a new host (it should default to chasejobs) and username/password for the db when prompted ?

I've restored it on a few sites and it works.. may be a joomlapack issue?
Just Joomla to date - honestly though all you need to be able to do is poll a remote MySQL db.. there's a job filed and then you can generate a URL to apply!

If you cannot restore the Module & Component, PM me and I can take a look.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me