Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello experts,

I really would love to get the open source version of CATS running but cannot successfully install it on 1and1 Linux business package. Can anyone offer guidance, steps, solutions or install it for me?

I am not a novice at installs but can't get it up and running. The various errors are too many to name. I need instructions that are more appropriate for my system, including permissions, parameters, whether I need to do an SQL dump prior to install, etc.

Thank you, Elena
Hi Elena,

some webhosts are a pain for shared services. However unless you're running the resume parsing services, it should be simple.

The first steps are to create the database and user before trying the installation. You should be able to do this through a control panel for your hosted service? How far did you get?

The installation guide is on the wiki - and just work through it / shout where it breaks

wiki link; http://www.opencats.org/wiki/index.php? ... stallation

The key part is below;

create a database called cats and a user called cats.

1) Unpack tarball (cats-0.9.1.tar.gz) under your apache document root (/var/www/html, /usr/local/apache2/htdocs, /cygdrive/c/wamp/www, or similar) and create a symlink to it named 'cats':

1. cd /var/www/html
2. tar zxvf cats-0.9.1.tar.gz
3. ln -s cats-0.9.1 cats

2) Launch MySQL client and create a new database and user.

1. mysql -uroot -p

mysql> CREATE DATABASE cats; mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `cats`.* TO 'cats'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; mysql> EXIT;
I'm afraid I'm not used to Apache installs. All I know to do is SQL dump, permissions (CHMOD) and setting the DB configurations, upload, hit install and go. there are terms in the install instructions, such as the ones you highlighted, that I don't even recognize. Not sure if I'll be able to get it done as a regular LAMP install.
elenacoen wrote:I'm afraid I'm not used to Apache installs. All I know to do is SQL dump, permissions (CHMOD) and setting the DB configurations, upload, hit install and go. there are terms in the install instructions, such as the ones you highlighted, that I don't even recognize. Not sure if I'll be able to get it done as a regular LAMP install.
I'll PM you!
Dear Experts,

I have looked over the documentation and read messages but amcompletely lost on how to install OpenCats on 1and1.

I managed to set up a database and user on 1and1 but that's as far as I get. I have managed to get into webspace (file area) to upload the tar file but am unable to extract it.

I am confused and lost. please can you offer guidance.

I do not have any coding or programming knowledge.

kind regards

Ats
Go slow, and follow the documentation / youtube video step by step.

If you have an issue, stop, post the problem here and be detailed so I have all the information.

You really don't have to be that technical to do the install. Just have to follow all the steps.

Documentation for shared hosting: http://opencats-documentation.readthedo ... sting.html

Shared hosting video walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5H95_MqBe8&t=1092s
cptr13 wrote:Go slow, and follow the documentation / youtube video step by step.

If you have an issue, stop, post the problem here and be detailed so I have all the information.

You really don't have to be that technical to do the install. Just have to follow all the steps.

Documentation for shared hosting: http://opencats-documentation.readthedo ... sting.html

Shared hosting video walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5H95_MqBe8&t=1092s

Hi,
thank you for your reply.
I have logged into my control panel on 1and1.co.uk
I have set up a MySQL Database named cats.
I have downloaded the opencats tar file which is currently sitting in my downloads folder.
I then go to the WebspaceExplorer to upload the tar file.
this file uploads and is displayed in the file explorer as a tar.gz file.
I have changed the permisions to match octa number 644.

the next stage is where I get stuck.
I am unable to unzip / extract the file.

am I doing something wrong or am I uploading the file to the wrong area?

regards
Ats
Hrmm, ok

The instructions were updated last weekend.

http://opencats-documentation.readthedo ... le-manager

You'll want to delete the tar.gz file and download and use the full.zip file:
opencats-0.9.4-full.zip

The instructions don't say to change the permissions, that may be the issue....not sure though. What are the default permissions that are there before you change them?
cptr13 wrote:Hrmm, ok

The instructions were updated last weekend.

http://opencats-documentation.readthedo ... le-manager

You'll want to delete the tar.gz file and download and use the full.zip file:
opencats-0.9.4-full.zip

The instructions don't say to change the permissions, that may be the issue....not sure though. What are the default permissions that are there before you change them?

Hi,

I have managed to get this far.......

I have clicked the installation wizard in my domain...

Welcome to OpenCATS!
This process will help you set up the OpenCATS environment for the first time. Before we begin, OpenCATS needs to run some tests on your system to make sure that your web environment can support OpenCATS and is configured properly.

Test Results

Green:

PHP version is 5.6.31.
PHP.ini: magic_quotes_runtime is disabled.
PHP.ini: register_globals is disabled.
PHP MySQL extension (mysql) is loaded.
PHP Sessions extension (session) is loaded.
PHP PCRE regular expressions extension (pcre) is loaded.
PHP CType string classification extension (ctype) is loaded.
PHP GD image manipulation library extension (gd) is loaded.

Orange:

PHP LDAP library extension (ldap) is not loaded.
Check your settings in php.ini.

OpenCATS will function without LDAP, but will not authenticate from a LDAP service

Under certain GNU/Linux distributions, the PHP LDAP extension is a separate package.

Ubuntu/Debian: Run "apt-get install php5-ldap" and restart your webserver.

Fedora/CentOS/RHEL: Run "dnf install php-ldap" or "yum install php-ldap" and restart your webserver.

Green:

PHP SOAP extension (soap) is loaded.
PHP zip extension is loaded.
Directory ./attachments/ is readable (permissions: 0705).
Directory ./attachments/ is writeable (permissions: 0705).
Creating a file within ./attachments/ succeeded.
Directories can be created inside ./attachments//.
Configuration file ./config.php is writable.
Creating a file within ./ succeeded.

Orange

One or more tests issued a warning. You may still proceed, but read the warnings carefully and address them if you can.

not sure what the orange highlighted fields mean...

regards

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me