Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By crash893
Hi all

Im currently running cats 9.1 on a windows 2k3 server running wamp

I went into the wamp admin tool and copied the existing cats database to a new database (no data just structure) called PCATS

I then copied over cats 9.1a that i recently downloaded from opencats.org and navigated to the install screen.

however i get
Code: Select all
Loading Data - Existing Database

The installer has detected an existing installation of CATS.
How would you like to proceed?

Use existing CATS installation and automatically preform any necessary upgrade (recommended).

Delete existing data and create a new installation.
 Delete existing data and install the CATS demonstration database.
 Delete existing data and restore a previous CATS installation from backup.

If you choose to use the existing CATS installation, you can always run
the installer again later and choose a different option.
Is this refering to my previous database or is it just seeing that the strucutre is in the new database and only going to overwrite that database?

thanks

Crash893
By RussH
If you've already defined the new database - it'll look for it, and see that it doesn't need to create it. Therefore you get the prompt to upgrade/overwrite etc. Just let it alone for now and tell it to ignore.
By crash893
I tried that and when i went to run cats after the install i got an error about a dual field ( sorry didn't grab the text)

I went back and then told it to delete the data and upgrade the db and everything worked fine

Thanks for your help

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me