Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By jimjack145
Hi CATS Team,

I want to increase session time out for all users. However i have checked your Session.php but not found any time defined for the same.

Can you kindly tell me in what file should i make changes for the same? Would i need to make change into a php.ini file?

Regards,
Jimi
By Jos
Cats does not has set any session time. You should be logged in all the time once a user is logged in. This is more likely a setting of your server. I cant help you with your server settings.

there are settings in php.ini

session.cookie_lifetime
session.gc_maxlifetime

you can wander through the most recent php.ini here
http://cvs.php.net/co.php/php-src/php.ini-dist
the comments explain each setting

there is also a timeout setting in the apache httpd.conf
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#timeout

Hope this helps.
By jimjack145
Hi Jos,

Thank you very much for your reply.

In my php.ini i have changed a value of variable "session.gc_maxlifetime" as 36000 (10 hours). Now my users session have not get log off.

Once again thanks for the help.

However i need one more help from you. I am using CATS 0.7.1 version and i want to upgrade it into 0.9.1 version. How will i go for the same? Can you please guide me for it?

Regards,
Jimi
By Jos
backup your sql data through a sql dump (phpmyadmin) and make a backup of the attachment folder. Then copy all the extracted 091 files to your server (without the newly extracted attachment folder). Then re-run install. Thats it. If asked for a license key, use the one as posted on the forum.
By jimjack145
Hi Jos,

Thank you for your reply.

I have taken backup of my database and attachment. Before upgrade into a CATS 0.9.1 version i want brief information on migration of old database into new database.

Can you guide me on it? How would i do migration of old database with new one?

Regards,
Jimi
By RussH
jimjack145 wrote:Hi Jos,

I have taken backup of my database and attachment. Before upgrade into a CATS 0.9.1 version i want brief information on migration of old database into new database.

Can you guide me on it? How would i do migration of old database with new one?

Regards,
Jimi
Hi Jimi,

the installer should detect an old install and perform the upgrade 'automagically'...

As ever - if in doubt, run it on a test system first.
By jimjack145
Hi

I am writing you after a long time. Just want to inform you about my efforts i was putted to upgrade my latest version in CATS 9.0.1. Please find procedure i followed to upgrade the software version below:

1) Take back up of latest Database
2) Restored backup database with different database name
3) Installed new CATS version
4) Created new CATS database for new version.
5) Compared new database with old database.
6) Made proper changes as per new database in old database. Changes are as follows:
1) Change in column(s) name, datatype, size of column, creating new indexes
2) Adding new tables, columns into new database and existing tables in new database.
7) After all changes made changes in “config.php” in a new CATS 9.0.1

After all this changes i am able to logging in with my existing users name and password. Also at the time of accessing all tabs i haven’t got any problem. But when I logged out I got an error for attachment table as “md5_sum get duplicate column cant alter table”

Can you please let me know the procedure of upgrade which should I have to follow at that time?
I would glad if you give systematic way of procedure to upgrade.

Please help me in this. I desperately need your help to upgrade my CATS Version.

Regards,
Jimi
By RussH
Jimi,

I've not upgraded for a while, but I'm pretty sure I just backed everything up, unpacked the 0.9.1 package into the cats directory and went through the new installation routine. Changing database names would (I suspect) simply confuse it.

If you have another server you can test on, simply copy over the entirely of your cats installation to it, and try it there. I think you're overcomplicating the installation?
By jimjack145
Hi Russh,

However I was upgraded CATS 0.7 into 0.9 with used of above mentioned method in my post. I don’t have any other server for tests that’s why don’t want to take a chance. As per your post my upgrade procedure would be same as i posted below:

1) Taking a backup of latest database.
2) Restore it with another name
3) Unpack CATS 0.9 into CATS directory. (New One)
4) At the time of assigning database information i would have to mentioned restore database information and then proceed next steps.
5) Submitting key license information.

Please let know if above mentioned procedure is wrong or need to add any new step in it.

Waiting of your valuable reply. After your confirmation reply i will go for update process.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jimi.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me