Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By akboarder
I was wondering about 3 main things at the moment:

1- How change the location of the portal (i.e. - from abc.com/cats/careers for abc.com or abc.com/careers)
2 - How to allow for searching of jobs in the portal.
3 - How to allow for email/password rather than zip to access profile

If anyone knows, thanks in advance.
By RussH
akboarder wrote:I was wondering about 3 main things at the moment:

1- How change the location of the portal (i.e. - from abc.com/cats/careers for abc.com or abc.com/careers)

Hiya (& welcome)!

1. I'd just symlink abc.com/jobs to abc/com/cats/careers - it's a workaround I know but makes it simple.
2. you'd have to code this yourself. It's not extensively difficult - I'd come up with something myself but have a lot on in my day job right now! If I get a chance will try to post some demo code.
3. I've not actually implemented the career portal so haven't played with it in anger - perhaps someone else can comment?
By jamin
First - Thanks to all who are contributing to this site!

I have been using the careers portal but finding that its not fully completed. I installed 8 and upgraded to 9.

Things I have found not to work correctly are:
1. Allow candidates to register and update their contact information. (Code missing - you cant see the checkbox to select that you havent registered before)
Update: The problem is that the info on the first page is confusing. If you do not attempt to sign in, it will later give the option. If you use the first page to login, it works. I am re-writing the wording and trying to put a checkbox in place where the user can put a check mark and the login portion becomes available. :End Update
2. EEO/EOC Support (even though its enabled, it doesnt prompt on the Careers portal)
3. Searching functionality doesnt exist. It can be coded in though by using the same function of searching with in CATS administration area.
UPDATED: I have also noticed the Calendar does not allow you to set reminders, but the system is configured for it. (Missing Code)

I will be working on fixing the above Unless someone else already has and I havent seen the post yet.

THanks again for this site. I will be hopefully adding more info soon!

Regards,
Benjamin
------
Ok. I will post my fixes in this same post.

Issue: Calendar not allowing to set events.
Answer: Go into modules/calendar/calendarUI.php
On line 298 (or close by) change the line
from: $this->_template->assign('allowEventReminders', $allowEventReminders);
to: $this->_template->assign('allowEventReminders', true);
That fixes the issue with not being able to set reminders. (its a work around until I can find where the variable is in the db and set it there!)

Issue: EEO/EOC Support .
Answer: You must add a few lines of code to get this function. Here is an example below. I added them after the Zip code.
</tr>
<tr><td class="label"><label id="input-eeo-gender">Gender (Voluntary):</label></td>
<td><input-eeo-gender></td>
</tr>
<tr><td class="label"><label id="input-eeo-race">Race (Voluntary):</label></td>
<td><input-eeo-race></td>
<tr>
</tr>
<td class="label"><label id="input-eeo-veteran">Veteran Status (Voluntary):</label></td>
<td><input-eeo-veteran></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="label"><label id="input-eeo-disability">Disability (Voluntary):</label></td>
<td><input-eeo-disability></td>
</tr>

I have tested and they now show up on the portal! They will also populate the database (so far only on NEW applicants though).. Im testing more.
By RussH
akboarder wrote:I was wondering about 3 main things at the moment:

If you want to take a look at the joomla integration, you can see a replacement for the Careers portal, which also allows for integration of the search function between Joomla and CATS.

http://opencats.org/wiki/index.php?title=Joomla_module

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me