Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hi! Brand New User. Having issues with editing the template. I have duplicated the 2.0 template. However, it will not let me make any changes, I can make changes but when I "save" it gives me this error and I have no idea why or how to fix this.
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /apps/opencats/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Please advise.
I have searched my opencats directory and there is no .htaccess file that exists. I contacted GoDaddy and that did not help at all. I did add a blank .htaccess file to my opencats installation in the root of the directory. THat did not help probably because it was empty but I have no formal training and files like these are usually pre-filled and come with the core package install.

I have the careers templates and go to edit my "copy of opencats 2.0" template and just out of pure curiousity don't edit anything and save and get the same error that i get when i do try to edit something. <- I have done this both before I added a .htaccess file and after, both with same response.

-
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /apps/opencats/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-
Please advise
Hi,

you appear not to have rights to save a file in your web directory. Possibly you've extracted opencats and then ftp'd all the files up to GoDaddy. This will mean they have fileownership as your username and not the webserver (normally the apache user is www-run). You need to check and change the file ownership. Without knowing how technical you are - the simplest way to change this is to delete your installation, upload the cats-0.9.1a archive, and then use the GoDaddy cpanel web interface to extract it. (DO NOT extract it locally and then upload the files). This will extract them as the correct user/group. (of course, I don't know if GoDaddy uses cpanel!)

Otherwise, if you have a shell on your account, and you know what user/group runs the apache process, just go to the opencats root directory and run chown -R apache-user:apache-group .
(umm, you'll have to replace apache-user and apache-group with whatever user and group runs the apache process!)

Again - this looks to be straightforward, but there are different ways to fix it depending on how technical you are, and how much access GoDaddy gives you to your installation.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me