Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
I read somewhere in the forums that if the smtp server requires TLS or SSL phpmail will not work. Is there any workaround to this? Like for example having sendmail connect to smpt server and do the auth part?
Alternatively, can something be done by editing class.phpmailer.php or class.smtp.php?

Thanks.
scott1981 wrote:I read somewhere in the forums that if the smtp server requires TLS or SSL phpmail will not work. Is there any workaround to this? Like for example having sendmail connect to smpt server and do the auth part?
Alternatively, can something be done by editing class.phpmailer.php or class.smtp.php?

Thanks.
I had this problem when trying to config OpenCats to work with my gmail.
Luckily it's not very hard to fix.
All you need to do is to upgrade the PHPMailer to its latest version (download here: https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer). Many thanks to @Russh for this info

3 steps to go:

#1.
Replace the …/lib/phpmailer folder the the one you have just downloaded

#2.
Open ../lib/Mailer.php file and add some code:
Find the line include_once('./lib/PHPMailer/class.phpmailer.php’); and add 2 lines below it
include_once('./lib/PHPMailer/class.pop3.php');
include_once('./lib/PHPMailer/class.smtp.php');

Find the line $this->_mailer->Password = MAIL_SMTP_PASS;
And add this line $this->_mailer->Encryption = MAIL_SMTP_ENCRYPTION; below it

#3.
Come back to root folder and edit config.php file
Replace define('MAIL_MAILER', 1); /* This number maybe 0 or 1 or 2 depends on your configuration in the beginning) */
by this: define('MAIL_MAILER', 3); /* 3 is to use smtp */

Find the line define('MAIL_SMTP_PASS', “your password");
and add below it define('MAIL_SMTP_ENCRYPTION', "tls"); /* tls or ssl as you need*/

#4.
The final step is to declare the info of your email account to the config.php file. Done!

Note: if you use gmail just like me, you might face another issue.
Gmail has a strong security and your smtp access from OpenCats (which you have just configured) might get locked by google (even your provide the correct username, pass, port, etc). Therefore, please make sure you turn off the security of your email, check the 2-steps verification, etc to let Google knows that you’re using the email through OpenCATS

Good luck!

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me