Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hi all. Just installed Opencats 9.3.1 and for the life of me I cannot get the mail function to work.

Here's my setup:

Windows 7 Enterprise virtual machine. i have a Server 2008R2, but I'm hosting IIS and Exchange there, so it would be impractical to host there.

No matter what email config I use I get the same error:
An error occurred.

Errors occurred while attempting to send mail to one or more provided addresses: email address here (): Could not instantiate mail function.

I'm pulling my hair out. I've turned off Windows Firewall. I've tried sending through the localhost IIS SMTP engine. I've tried Sendmail, all to no avail. Any thoughts or suggestions?
By RussH
Hi,

Firstly apologies but I've never run opencats on Windows. I assume you have some Cygwin environment? Anyway, if you can get to a command line try running sendmail or call php email from a test script, then check error messages and logs. Otherwise I believe it's fairly straightforward too run as a docker image
No Cygwin. 9.3.1 is available in a Windows version running under Apache as part of the XAMPP package. Do you happen to know what PHP file controls the configuration for the php mailer? Not the Sendmail, I mean the one that is listed as recommended in the install wizard.
By RussH
Hi, the base config is held in config.php, in the root directory. Configure your settings in there
Success!!

I have not been able to get the built-in PHP Mailer running, but I have managed to get a lightweight SMTP server up and running on the VM that appears to work.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me