Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello,

I have downloaded and installed your AMAZING software this week (downloaded it earlier this week, due to the good experience I had on your demo site)
PHP 5.6.25
WAMPSERVER 3.0.6
MySQL 5.7.14
Apache 2.4.23
CATS Version 0.9.3 Inferno

I managed to pass the login page, had to fix 2 strict messages on DataGrid.php (I am a developer, but never did php before)
Few tabs give me trouble...

1. Candidates give:
Code: Select all
MySQL Query Failed: Expression #6 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cats.candidate_joborder_submitted.candidate_joborder_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS 
... (a query which I am sure you have)

2. Job Orders give:
MySQL Query Failed: Expression #6 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cats.attachment.attachment_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

... (a very long query which I am sure you have)

3. Companies give:
MySQL Query Failed: Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cats.attachment.attachment_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

... (a very long query which I am sure you have)

As for the deprecated messages:
a. activities give:
Deprecated: Non-static method DateUtility::subtractDaysFromDate() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in D:\wamp64\www\Candidates\modules\activity\ActivityUI.php on line 283

b. Calendar shows:
Deprecated: Non-static method DateUtility::getWeekNumber() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in D:\wamp64\www\Candidates\modules\calendar\CalendarUI.php on line 102

Please advise,

Ilan
Hi Ilan,

firstly let me say thanks for downloading and for trying out opencats. It is under heavy development right now so I suspect there will be some issues if you download the latest development snapshot. If you're seeing these issues from the release 0.9.3-1 (https://github.com/opencats/OpenCATS/re ... ag/0.9.3-1) then I'm more concerned.

It may be a version issue with PHP / MySQL. However, that said;

This is primarily a user support forum, if there are coding issues, please can you raise them as issues in the github project? The relevant developers tend not to hang out here.

So - can you separate the issues out and post them as an issue over to github.com/opencats/opencats/issues. When you post there - can you confirm what version you're installing (snapshot vs 0.9.3-1 release, etc) and the PHP / MySQL version you're running on top of. We do have Travis CI running checks against every build - so this may be a 'feature' that's slipped through the system. Lets take it over there and check..
I was actually about to post on this exact issue! I am getting this error with 0.9.3-1 and 0.9.3 on my laptop/server Running Ubuntu (LXDE) 16.04, LAMP. Php 5.6. I'm clueless on this. I definitely had 0.9.3 up and running without issues before, maybe Debian and Arch. Not sure what the variables could be. Maybe an Apache or Mysql/MariaBD update that's causing problems? What versions of MySQL/MatiaDB is everyone running, and are you having this error?

EDIT: Disregard....as always, I'm slow to read and quick to post. Will head over to developer conversation....
I have posted on github on some of the issues,
The SQL errors on some of the tabs are configuration issues that came along with the WAMPSERVER
simply change the mySql sql_mode from the ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY either from the settings (sql_mode -> user mode) or by SET sql_mode = ''

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me