Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

Not quite sure what's going on, however, I keep receiving this error when running the Test Database Connectivity. I've walked through the documentation step-by-step and have made sure everything was running correctly. I don't believe I've run into any other errors except this one.

Ubuntu (16.04), PHP (5.6), OpenCATS (0.9.3-3), LAMP
By mindy053
cptr13 wrote:Did you manually install, or use the script?

You you have the database (third box) set to localhost?

Hi... I followed Chapter 10 of the documentation for installing on an Ubuntu 16.04 Server. Not quite sure I understand your question?

I am using vSphere.
By mindy053
cptr13 wrote:What OS is running on the computer? Ubuntu or windows? What is running Vsphere? I assume you're running Ubuntu inside Vsphere

[misunderstood question, my apologies!]
Last edited by mindy053 on 12 Feb 2017, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
By cptr13
ok, sorry for the excessive questions, but is there a reason you're running it on vsphere instead of doing the install with xampp on Windows? Do you have other applications running on Ubuntu inside vsphere?

If you do, I'll try to help track this solutions down.

If not. There are two easier options.

1) Get rid of Vsphere and Ubuntu, do the Windows install
2) try the Ubuntu install script to make sure you didn't miss any steps in the install process.

Please let me know.
By cptr13
For the sake of troubleshooting, if you don't want to install on windows, or try the linux install script, try the followin:

First: The documentation was updated last weekend and trimmed up. I'm not sure what you mean by chapter 10. So I'm working from the current documentation at: http://opencats-documentation.readthedo ... 16.04.html

I'd like to make sure you have the php5.6-mysql extension installed.
In your browser, go to: localhost/info.php
Check for the mysql extension on the list of information that shows up on the screen.
By mindy053
cptr13 wrote:Lastly, because the documentation has changed, can you tell exactly what step you're doing when you get the error?

Sorry.... my mistake! As I said... I didn't think I totally understood your question. Anyhow, problem solved! Needed to refresh php. The error was during the actual installation on 'System Connectivity', Step 2: 'Database Connectivity'.

Thank you!

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me