Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello, while trying to install version 0.9.3-3, I came across this error during the last step of installation:

MySQL Query Failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ' ' at Line 1

UPDATE site SET time_zone =

Trying to install on a CentOS7 server, I followed this guide: http://opencats-documentation.readthedo ... ntOS7.html pretty much exactly as written as of 3/1/2017, save for skipping the steps for resume indexing, and database/apache installation, as those were already set up.

Database is MariaDB 5.5.37, on a different server from the one I'm trying to install opencats on. I've tried both a brand new installation, and the demo installation, with and without the US Zip Code lookup, and all failed. Checked around the forums but I didn't see anyone mentioning a similar issue. Read that most query bugs stem from not running composer, but I've done that and I'm still getting this problem. Looked through error logs and couldn't find anything that seemed helpful.

Any ideas on what went wrong? Is this a problem with configuration on my end, or just a bug in the installation code? Attached a screenshot showing the error.
Attachments
cats_error.png
cats_error.png (28.48 KiB) Viewed 5868 times
Yes, I first chose Eastern Time (US & Canada), ran into the error, so then I went back and restarted the installation, tried some other time zones (first tried other GMT-5:00 timezones, then a few others), and still ran into the same problem every time.

Also, don't know if this helps or not, but I just tried running composer update - lots of packages were updated, so I tried running the installation one more time, but still ran into this error.
The 'newest' versions we test against are shown below - can you check your versions to ensure they're not newer than shown please?

Minimum system requirements
PHP (Min/Max)
PHP minimum version supported is 5.6, maximum tested version is 5.6.27

MySQL (MariaDB etc)
(Min/Max)
MariaDB tested version is 10.1.21
Well, I tried running the installation one more time, and this time it seems to have worked. I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, some file permissions in var/lib/php/session were changed to fix a completely different issue, but the installation seems to work fine ever since that was changed.

Anyway, thank you for your help guys.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me