Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Farmy
I have completed my new install and find when I open a new browser window in Windows Edge on my Surface Pro 3, I get an error that it can not find my page. I am afraid if I log off I will not be able to log back in. What am I missing?
By cptr13
Hi Welcome!

Two quick questions.

Did you start your apache and mysql services in XAMPP?

The address you should go to in your browser is localhost/opencats-0.9.3-3

Please bear in mind, if you changed the OpenCATS folder name during the install process, change the browser address above to match whatever you changed the OpenCATS folder name to.

Let us know if this resolves things. Thanks!!
By Farmy
Thanks for your response. The Xampp procedure makes it work! So, the Xampp control panel has to be open and started any time you want to log in. Does that mean if I am on a public computer without Xampp installed, I will not be able to access my login page? Many thanks!
By cptr13
I'm going to pick this apart a little for the sake of clarity.

Windows install with XAMPP, default settings, this is a local machine only setup (only the computer it's installed on).

You could set it up to be available over the internet, though you would have to research to figure out how, and I wouldn't recommend that.

So, assuming you are installed and set up like above (following the documentation) then you will only be able to access your OpenCATS instance with XAMPP running and from that computer only.

Make sense?

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me