Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By vijai
hi sir,
when I upload a document file(doc, pdf, ..) to textarea the format is not supported to display a content in document file..
please give some suggestion to over come form this problem..

Regards,
vijai.v
Attachments
upload a doc file
upload a doc file
upload.PNG (55 KiB) Viewed 19996 times
I'm no programmer, but I visited the github page. I didn't understand much, but I'd agree with mlespiau's "Why should our users know which encoding to use?".

I've tried to upload the following formats and got the following results. I'm running CATS Version 0.9.4 on a French Windows 10 PC so I need French accents.

- DOC, HTML and PDF:
=> Fatal error: Class 'COM' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\lib\DocumentToText.php on line 362

- ODT (which is a ZIP file):
=> Notice: Undefined variable: filename in C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\lib\DocumentToText.php on line 166
Warning: ZipArchive::open(): Empty string as source in C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\lib\DocumentToText.php on line 404

- DOCX, RTF:
=> Upload, but problem with accents

- TXT (ANSI)
=> Upload, but problem with accents

- TXT (UTF8)
=> Upload, no problem with accents
By cptr13
I think you have two issues happening here.

First, did you follow the documentation instructions correctly? It does need to be updated, so there could be errors at this point.

Did you use the "source" version or the "full" version? The version for the documention steps needs to be the "source" version.

What is your environment? Self-hosted, shared-hosting? Windows, linux?

The resume parsing does not work, for the most part. There's some workarounds on the forums, but the main issues (listed above) need to be resolved first.
By wootowl
I'm having this issue too. I upload PDFs individually on a per-candidate basis and they show up like that (a scrambled mess with all those weird <?> characters). Also I can't use the mass import feature. Gives an error every time (trying to import these same PDFs)
Attachments
opencatsMassuploadError.jpg
opencatsMassuploadError.jpg (54.42 KiB) Viewed 19866 times
By wootowl
hmm also just when I try to create a candidate with the PDF copied and pasted into the text field area for resume I'm getting several errors
Attachments
opencatsCandidateCreateError.jpg
opencatsCandidateCreateError.jpg (414.79 KiB) Viewed 19865 times
By william19
Hello Guys,

Other than embeddings pictures, video and sound records you can likewise transfer other record organizations, for example, archives, PDF and PowerPoints straightforwardly into your posts and pages. This doesn't install your document in your post or page so you can see it straightforwardly implanted in the post (or page); it embeds a connection to the record. At the point when perusers tap on the connection to the document it either opens up in another internet browser or downloads the record onto their PC. This is convenient for giving records, for example, class notes, task data.

Thanks!

Large scanning service

OpenCats is verry easy to back-up with a simple […]

Hi there. I'm not a software guy but I think it […]

Please suggest alternatives. Run 3

Mass Import of Resumes

Hi Kline, okay so you're getting into some awkwa[…]