Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
I wanted to clone our live OpenCATS installation to test future updates and customizations, but I ended up with a fatal error, and now our live installation is down. Can someone tell me what I did wrong, or if my server configuration got messed up somehow?

I used SSH to copy the files from the entire folder to a new folder:

cp -fr sourcefoldername destinationfoldername

Then I went into the MySQL database, exported the entire thing, created a new one, and imported the SQL file. There were no errors, everything executed perfectly.

I then went into the new folder and changed the config file database settings to point to the new one.

Sometime around this time, we noticed the live site being down. Host is Dreamhost.

There is a 500 error on the root of the site: "Internal Server Error - the server encountered an internal error...."

And a Fatal Error on the careers portal: "Fatal error: Can't inherit abstract function awComponent::drawEnvelope() (previously declared abstract in finalize) in /path/to/Component.class.php on line 19."

Any help identifying what went wrong is appreciated. Dreamhost just says to restore from backup, but we'll lose about 4 hours of applicants. Not a lot, but I'd like to avoid if possible—and I'm not even convinced restoring will work, if the problem is how Dreamhost maps their MySQL to subdomains. It seemed sketchy to me while setting it up, and I'm concerned that that is what caused this error.
Update:

Dreamhost found a zend_extension line in the .htaccess that somehow got added to the site, maybe by employee testing things. This line was deleted and both the original site and cloned site now work.
Thanks Kevin..

that would have taken an age to find!

checking .htaccess would be one of the last things I'd check.. especially if I was just cloning a live site.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me