Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
New applicants continue to get the following email, even thought we've turned off every email notification we can find in the backend of OpenCATS:

admin@account.com
Subject:
CATS Notification: Candidate Ownership Change
Body:
email@ofapplicant.com
Powered by CATS (Free ATS)

I've turned off all default email alerts for status changes (in Email Template Configuration), and all but one default email alerts in General Email Configuration. The one I left on is "Candidate Application Received (Sent to Candidate using Career Portal)."

But with this selected, the applicant gets TWO emails:

1) Thank you for your application (we want this one)
2) CATS Notification: Candidate Ownership Change (we don't want this one)

HELP!
I confirmed through multiple tests what I think is a bug.

The checkbox "Candidate Application Received (Sent to Candidate using Career Portal)" under Settings > Administration > General E-Mail Configuration toggles the sending of (2) alerts to the end user: The thank you message, which is expected and desired, and a cryptic message that the applicant won't understand that says "CATS Notification: Candidate Ownership Change." We have to find a way to shut this second one off, it is confusing to applicants and very unprofessional.

Any suggestion what line of code controls this?
I fixed this. @deveos, that was it. I commented out these lines in /lib/Candidates.php
Code: Select all
if (!empty($emailAddress))
        {
            /* Send e-mail notification. */
            //FIXME: Make subject configurable.
            // $mailer = new Mailer($this->_siteID);
            // $mailerStatus = $mailer->sendToOne(
            //    array($emailAddress, ''),
            //    'CATS Notification: Candidate Ownership Change',
            //    $email,
            //    true
            //);