General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By kalger
I just did the online demo on opencats, I have just gone out on my own as a recruiter and need software. In the candidate section the fields are not the ones I would choose to display. Is there a way to reorganize fields and possible add new ones?
By RussH
Hiya and good luck! Some not all are easily configurable, all are configurable really but may be increasingly difficult to do so.

What do you want changed?
By kalger
Thanks for your reply;
Let me define what is ideal - although this will seem like alot. The list screen for candidates is the most important screen for a true executive search firm. Executive recruiters will often search through years of candidate applications to find the right person. Having the right information here will allow the recruiter to scan the fields without switching to other screens and will save time. The other most important feature is to have any of these key fields searched independently or in conjunction with each other. The layout of the screen might appear as follows...

date of entry, date of last contact, first name, last name, education, currently employed Y?N, most recent employer, most recent job title, second most recent employer, second most recent job title, industry, profession, process, project applied for

Alot of databases focus on just on resume word searches to sort candidates. This can introduce alot of noise. By dividing people into industry and profession you can clear up alot of the noise, but adds a bit of work upfront - the executive recruitment community is divided on this process. people can have experience in more than one industry or profession, these fields nee to accommodate this.

All this said I need to keep my startup costs low and need to settle for something that will work.
regards
By RussH
kalger wrote:Thanks for your reply;
Let me define what is ideal - although this will seem like alot. The list screen for candidates is the most important screen for a true executive search firm. Executive recruiters will often search through years of candidate applications to find the right person. Having the right information here will allow the recruiter to scan the fields without switching to other screens and will save time. The other most important feature is to have any of these key fields searched independently or in conjunction with each other. The layout of the screen might appear as follows...

date of entry, date of last contact, first name, last name, education, currently employed Y?N, most recent employer, most recent job title, second most recent employer, second most recent job title, industry, profession, process, project applied for

Alot of databases focus on just on resume word searches to sort candidates. This can introduce alot of noise. By dividing people into industry and profession you can clear up alot of the noise, but adds a bit of work upfront - the executive recruitment community is divided on this process. people can have experience in more than one industry or profession, these fields nee to accommodate this.

All this said I need to keep my startup costs low and need to settle for something that will work.
regards
If you look at the admin tab you can add in additional fields for the candidate page.
By Baldwin
Hi does any one know how I can change when you go to (add new candidate) to change city and state to Town and County. If any one could help where this is and how to change it I would be very gratefull,

Regards,

Guy
By RussH
Baldwin wrote:Hi does any one know how I can change when you go to (add new candidate) to change city and state to Town and County. If any one could help where this is and how to change it I would be very gratefull,

Regards,

Guy
Hi Guy,

Guess you're in the UK then! Very easy but you'll have to edit the code. If I send you filenames and line numbers can you amend the file? Basically it's just the wording used in the webpage template file

You can create your own questionnaire or multipl[…]

Sure! You might want to check if the browser you'r[…]

Create a new recruiter

Hello Everyone, How do you create a new recrui[…]

Just tested on my local instance - works perfectly[…]