Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By robhob
We've been using OpenCats for quite some time now without any issues. Today, all of the sudden, when you click on Add Candidate under the Candidate tab it takes about 45 seconds to load. Everything else works perfectly otherwise.

Any suggestions?

I've tried optimising the candidates table in the database but this had no or little effect.

Thanks

Rob
robhob wrote:We've been using OpenCats for quite some time now without any issues. Today, all of the sudden, when you click on Add Candidate under the Candidate tab it takes about 45 seconds to load. Everything else works perfectly otherwise.

Any suggestions?

I've tried optimising the candidates table in the database but this had no or little effect.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

assuming it's on a chunky enough server - then I'd certainly suggest optimising all your MySQL tables.There's a fairly simple interface to achieving this if you use PhpMyAdmin. Make sure you backup your db first of course - just in case.
tobiaspj wrote:Hi Rob,

Were you able to resolve this? I'm having the same problem and have optimised the DB but it hasn't helped at all.
Hiya, sorry I'm not seeing this - if it's reproducible, can you check the apache and mysql logs during the procedure - is it an apache issue or a mysql issue? You should be able to see where the delay is introduced.

I've just done some quick checks and I see the app does try to reach the old resume parsing service. If this is non-existent, it may wait for that conenction attempt to timeout (30 - 45 seconds) before continuing. I've not seen this delay personally as for some time I've had aliases in my local hosts file for catsone.com, soap.refly.com and resfly.com - why should I continue to broadcast my usage to them?!

Please try adding that and see if it resolves your problem, and then I can comment out the code that's causing the issue in the original code.
Hi Russ,

I've reproduced this and the apache logs show...

[Sat Jul 14 16:25:11 2012] [error] [client 93.97.60.193] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/cats/lib/simpletest/unit_tester.php on line 250, referer: http://www.tpe-rpo.co.uk/cats/index.php ... ates&a=add

I've also edited /etc/hosts to the following, is this correct?...

127.0.1.1 catsone.com
127.0.1.1 soap.refly.com
127.0.1.1 resfly.com

Many thanks for your help!

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]