Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By tradmin
Hi,

I am running into an issue where my opencats RSS feed creates a parsing error for the reader/subscriber if a job titles contains the ampersand symbol.

I'm not sure how may rss parsers see this as an issue but Google Webmaster Tools throws up an error:
"We were unable to read your Sitemap. It may contain an entry we are unable to recognize. Please validate your Sitemap before resubmitting."
and it references the line number in the feed that has a job title with the ampersand symbol. If I remove the ampersand from the job title the parsing error goes away. I have suggested to my team to find alternatives to the ampersand until a fix is found.

Has anyone run into this issue? Were you able to find a solution? It seems that I need to use some sort of escape character for the ampersand but i don't know what it would be or how to implement such a function programatically.

Thanks!

You can create your own questionnaire or multipl[…]

Sure! You might want to check if the browser you'r[…]

Create a new recruiter

Hello Everyone, How do you create a new recrui[…]

Just tested on my local instance - works perfectly[…]