General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By curiouscio
Hello all. I am new here but have played around with OpenCATS on and off for years. This time I am seriously looking at implementing OpenCATS but I have one major drawback. I do not see any email journaling capability. Has anyone come up with a solution that automatically logs notes in OpenCATS when emails are received and/or sent from Outlook or another email client. Thanks.
By RussH
Hi there.

There are two options here. One is a patch from @dveos to record any emails sent to candidates from the opencats system itself. The second is an aborted attempt to parse an imap folder for candidate / client names and then update the associated activity record for them. This does not work currently, although there is code there that can be tested / amended etc

It worked on a test instance but never worked in live. Have never had time to revisit it!
https://github.com/opencats/Opencats-email2activity

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me