Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello,

I've been using OpenCATS to track affordable housing applications, and it's worked out great so far. I have a list in which I need to contact candidates in based on their randomly assigned log number, which I made a custom candidate text box field for. Since this list is for about 30,000 applications, I've been importing batches in based on their statuses (qualify/don't qualify, etc.). I imported the first few batches with the format from the original spreadsheet, and then realized that OpenCATS sorts based on the first character/digit, so 1 is followed by 10, rather than 2. I then imported the next batch after amending the format with zeros prefixed to the number. Unfortunately, when I tried to amend the first batches (e.g., 1 to 00001), the changes don't stick when I try to save. Attached is a photo of how things are sorting now.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to either sort by number, or how to edit the text field so that the zeros prefixed save? I've already begun attaching candidates to job orders, and I'd hate to have to delete everything and start all over for this list. Please let me know if the above needs any clarification.

Thanks,
James
Attachments
Sorting by number.PNG
Sorting by number.PNG (6.23 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
I was able to find a workaround for the 1 to 00001 issue. I needed to delete everything in the custom field, then save. Then I was able to type in 00001 into the black text box field, and it saved correctly.

I would still love to know if OpenCATS has the capability to sort by number. I have other custom fields that use numbers (such as rent), and these end up sorted in a way that 942 appears visually higher than 1024, for example.

Thanks again,
James

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me