General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By pixelpres
I wanted to first start off that I'm so very impressed to have found an ATS open source solution. I work for a college in Canada, and this will be a great solution to implement.

If I have a list of candidates for a position, how can I forward their resume's to a hiring manager? I have tried to figure it out in my install of CATS, but haven't been able to. I am using openCATS 0.91a.

Thanks.

Michael McCready
Lethbridge College
By RussH
Hiya, glad it's of use - of course this is simply continuing the availability of the previous version from Cognizo - there are no major changes that've been made as yet.

If you have a CV attached to a candidate profile, I've opened the attachment and forwarded it from within the word processor (OpenOffice/MS Office etc).

However if you've largely using CATS in reverse (i.e. maintaining student CVs) you may want to take a look at OpenCVmanager instead... and please report back with any further questions and/or problems;
Matthieu, a brilliant Frenchman is working on opencv, a cv manager, currently leaning and bridging towards jobberbase Jobportal,

demo here: http://opencvmanager.kune.fr/demo/

there's also a forum: http://opencvmanager.kune.fr/community/ , there's a wiki, there's a google project, and a basecamp project ;-)
By pixelpres
I really like the ATS features of openCATS and I was just wondering if there were lets say 3 people I wanted to send their resumes to the hiring manager, would there be an efficient way to do so. I don't think opening each resume up and forwarding that way is efficient. Do you know if the OpenCV application has a job board feature like the Career Portal in openCATS?

Thanks.

Mike
By archiseek
mike
one way to do this would be to export the url of the attached resume to the csv spreadsheet along with the contact info etc...

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]