Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By jimjack145
Hi Russh,

Thank you very very much for your valuable support.

I will check and study your provided link and follow all instruction at the time of update.

Lets hope for the best. I will reply you soon regarding it.

Regards,
Jimi
By jimjack145
Hi Russh,

As per your provided link i tried to upgrade CATS 7.0 into CATS 9.0 on WAMP.
But i never got success in it. After first six successful installation steps i got an error on seventh step. Please have look of all errors i got at the time of upgrade below:

1) I got alert with following note:
Timeout on Ajax query after 615 seconds. Please refresh the page and try again.
2) After click on Ok button of alert browser show me mysql query error as i mentioned below:
Mysql query failed: Table ‘cats27.settings’ doesn’t exist
Update settings SET value = “admin@site.com” WHERE setting =
“fromaddress”

I tried four times and i got same error every time. Can you let me know where i am doing wrong.

Regards,
Jimi
By jimjack145
Hi Russh,

Want to let you know few more attempts i did at my end.

First i tried to upgrade CATS 7 into CATS 9 but then i realized it why did not i try to upgrade first in CATS 8. Then i went for it for the same. Removed all earlier database and restored latest database backup again. Unzip CATS 8 files into www directory. Through browser I started an installation process. They are as follows.

While trying CATS 7.0 to CATS 8.0:

1) Sixth Step success (Run without an error)
2) At Seventh step i got “615 seconds Ajax error”
3) After clicked on alert it’s still process.
4) After few minutes I got an error as
“Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in
C:\wamp\www\cats-0.8.0\modules\install\ajax\ui.php on line 890”

When I went for second attempt after deleted “INSTALL_BLOCK” file from CATS-0.8.0 directory, again same things happened i mean first six step ran perfect and at seventh step I got an error as i have mentioned in my earlier post (Second one).

Can u please let me know where I am doing wrong?

Regards,
Jimi
Note: Both time i used earlier database which i used in a first process. All this attempt on WAMP.
By RussH
This looks as though it's a problem associated with restoring your database. I'd be tempted to do a empty installation, get it up to version 0.9.1, and then restore your backup - but if your backup is for version 0.6 it'd be tricky.

I'm assuming here that your backup is large and the timeout is associated with converting or restoring your data. For the moment - try increasing your php timeout - in php.ini the variable name is max_execution_time - so set that to something larger, and leave the app to churn - see if it's simply taking its time to execute.
By jimjack145
Hi Russh,

We have started using CATS by version of 0.7.1. After a released of Version 0.9.0 we are trying to upgrade our CATS. For your information, currently our CATS database size is some where around 360 MB. Is it too large for upgrade?

As per your information I have made changes in my php.ini file (Changed value as 600 seconds) and tried again to upgrade.
But i got an Ajax timeout error of 615 seconds.
"Timeout on Ajax query after 615 seconds. Please refresh the page and try again."

Do u have idea how would i increase/change Ajax query timeout ?

Regards,
Jimi
By jimjack145
Hi Russh,

After your reply i have been trying to upgrade our CATS 7 into CATS 8.

Today i have tried once again and this time i got success to get admin login name and password (After set value of variable set_time_limit(1200) in a file of "install\ajax\ui.php" ) but when i clicked on button "Start CATS" system has show me an error as mentioned below:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8989 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\cats-0.8.0\lib\DatabaseConnection.php on line 209

What does this an error mean? Is it because of our heavy database size or else?

Still having fight with CATS and i need your guidance and help in it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jimi
By jimjack145
When i tried to upgrade CATS 7 into CATS 9 with a changes mentioned in my earlier post i have got succeed for all steps and got last page with an admin login and password. When i clicked on "START CATS" button its shows me below error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10983 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\cats-0.9.1\lib\DatabaseConnection.php on line 339

This time got an error in same file but on different line. Can you people let me know where am i doing wrong? Because all affords has gone wash.

Please help me in it. Really i am crying for your help. (A title of Index)

Regards,
Jimi :( :?:

Jimi - I'm thinking it's a limitation of WAMP as opposed to LAMP. I've never deployed CATS on WAMP - if you want to test your deployment on LAMP, I have a spare hosted domain you can test on?
By jimjack145
Hi Russh,

Thank you for your reply. I will think about it.

Now i have to try upgrade CATS 0.7.1 on LAMP system. May be it would work properly.

I will let you know whatever experience i will get at the time of CATS upgrade.

Regards,
Jimi
By jimjack145
jimjack145 wrote:When i tried to upgrade CATS 7 into CATS 9 with a changes mentioned in my earlier post i have got succeed for all steps and got last page with an admin login and password. When i clicked on "START CATS" button its shows me below error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10983 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\cats-0.9.1\lib\DatabaseConnection.php on line 339

This time got an error in same file but on different line. Can you people let me know where am i doing wrong? Because all affords has gone wash.

Please help me in it. Really i am crying for your help. (A title of Index)

Regards,
Jimi :( :?:

Jimi - I'm thinking it's a limitation of WAMP as opposed to LAMP. I've never deployed CATS on WAMP - if you want to test your deployment on LAMP, I have a spare hosted domain you can test on?
Hey Russh,

I have a server on which CATS is running. I take regular backups of CATS. We can test the deployment on the production server itself. Or possibly… we have a public IP and I can forward the ssh port to that machine, if you could take a look. Am tired of this.

Thanks,
Jimi

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me