Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By danielmuru
Hi,
This is urgent and I hope someone could help me. I have been having a huge headache trying to install opencats on my website. Its hosted on a linux shared server, my host refuses to allow root access for the parser software, saying that it is not their policy to offer root access for a shared server option. Is there a way that I can still do this without installing antiword and the rest of the bunch in the usual location but elsewhere ( example /public_html/my_domain/ats/antword/). Would this work or is there any other options.

Thanks for all your help.

Daniel
Singapore
By RussH
Hi Daniel,

this is a generic problem with shared hosts. There are hosts referenced in the wiki and forum that will allow the likes of antiword to be installed.
Hi,

I am facing exactly the same problem as I am very new to OpenCats. Please share the link where I can find the steps to install Antiword, pdftotxt, htmltotext and untrf on a shared host server, under the directory (/public_html/my_domain/cats/).

Thanks a lot.

Ishant
India
By RussH
Hi Ishant,

depending upon what Distro your host is running (CentOS vs ubuntu, etc) then you will install different packages. The key issue is whether your service from the provider (if it isn't your server) has rights to install packages. The packages themselves are easy to find.
By manuel
I'm also using a shared host but I don't see it as a problem.
Why don't you convert the cv's to textfiles by hand and add the files to your candidate
Or do you get that many cv's on a day? Fortunately .... I don't ;)
By RussH
Manuel thanks for the tip - btw - if you use a 'basic server' from DigitalOcean (that's what this site, and the opencats demo site run on) - then you'll get a dedicated virtual server with complete root access for $5/month. You will need to admin the server yourself though. If you try the referral code below - you'll get $10 (two months hosting) free...

https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=e5c433fb14b4
By RussH
This update is just for Manuel, who'se emailed me - but seems to have email problems. I've tried to reply but your email bounces back.. please try again from a different email address!!!
By manuel
In the meantime someone developped CandidATS that parsers the files on a shared host. Copying the right files makes it doing his job also on OpenCats. :D

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]